“Wonderful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Ticehurst B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I stayed there for one night and I must say it's probably the nicest place of this type I have ever stayed. It's dog friendly, so our dog was catered for in the room with a clean dog bed and water bowl. The room was magnificent and huge. Beautifully done out to keep its period features with a massive copper bath. The bed was huge and must have cost a fortune as the mattress was hand made and really, really comfortable.

We ate in the restaurant where the waiter was first class and the food was first rate. The steak wasn't cheap, but well worth it as I was the best cooked and quality steak I have ever eaten in this country. Breakfast the next morning after a wonderful sleep was also first rate. My wife and I both agree that this is a place we will visit again.

2 Thank peter126443
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Peter

Lovely review - thank you for taking the time to write it.

So nice to hear you, your wife and your dog enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My partner and I had a two night stay here on 11th and 12th August...although we would have happily moved into this gorgeous place for the rest of our lives.

We had the "Hush of the Trees" room, which like the rest of the building is quirkily perfect in every way...the tiny details in the room from furniture to incredible shower make it so easy to relax in...then the best nights sleep ever on the most comfortable bed I ever laid on.

Beautiful details (and they are genuinely beautiful) are everywhere, and they aren't just cosmetic. The ales at the bar were kept perfectly, with a wide selection of unusual and local drinks, from beers to gins and wines. We never intended to purely stay in the hotel, we were going to explore the local area...but with food and drink this good we hardly left the premises. The food was amazing. From some of the best cooked lamb I ever tasted, to locally sourced sausages and an excellent breakfast selection...we couldn't have wanted more.

All this would be meaningless without the staff though. From the second we arrived to the second we left, we were made to feel like the most important people that ever walked through the door. Everyone we spoke to was supremely helpful and genuinely enthusiastic...genuinely an all-star team who added the sparkle to an absolutely wonderful couple of days

3 Thank James F
Dear James

Wow - what a review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your room and the food, and the team were delighted to hear your lovely words about them - means a lot.

We hope to welcome you back to your 'favourite hotel in the world' soon!

Lindfield, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on 29th July 2014. When we arrived we were met with the lovely Sam who kindly told us we'd been upgraded to their best room.....hoorah! He wasn't wrong! The room was huge - on two levels. The decor was fab: vintage & classy. The dinner we had that night in the restaurant was delicious (and we consider ourselves food snobs - in a good way!) I am 8 months pregnant and they couldn't do enough to accommodate my dietary needs. The breakfast in the morning was also delicious - the whole stay was just perfect, we couldn't fault it...well we could....the fact we had to leave!!! You MUST stay here. Thank you Bell Inn for a memorable last "grown up" night away before the baby arrives!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "The then & the now" room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindfield Z
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank for taking the time to post such a fantastic review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back one day.

We wish you both every happiness with your new bundle of joy!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a fantastic stay here. Room was top quality with some very quirky features. The way the room was decorated as well as the some of the unusual furniture made the room a bit of a talking point which doesn't normally happen when staying in a hotel! Despite being above a pub the room was also very quiet.

We also dined in the restaurant and again were very impressed with the standard of food. The wine list was also very good with some quite unusual bottles, all of good quality and in my opinion reasonably priced. The breakfast the following morning was also top-notch with a lot of choice.

Throughout our stay the staff were very attentive, friendly and polite. What came across to us was that they seemed really proud of where they worked and were striving make our stay as enjoyable as possible. For example, after our meal myself and my wife wanted to have coffee and a few drinks away from our table so we were allowed to use the private snug. They constantly made sure we had everything we needed without being in any way overbearing.

We look forward to staying there again, hopefully this November. Can imagine it is very cosy in the autumn and winter!

1 Thank Kelvin M
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Kelvin

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for such glowing praise. We look forward to welcoming you back in November - and yes, you're right, it is very cosy in the colder months.

Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband treated me to a fantastic stay at The Bell for my birthday and what a treat it was! He had arranged through the hotel for me to have a massage in the room which was sheer bliss! The room itself was spacious and extremely comfortable - I have never slept in such an amazing bed! We loved the quirky nature of the whole building and also enjoyed a delicious meal in the evening. We would definitely recommend The Bell and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ralphus2704
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Surrey, England
Reviewed 16 July 2014

A very nice, quirky pub with accommodation. The room was very nice, a good size, and with a good size, clean bathroom. A very comfy bed too. We stayed in the room 'Anything is Possible'. A few nagatives though; The noise from the downstairs bar at the end of the evening was quite annoying, especially when fairly loud music was turned on at approx 10.30/11pm (I presume this is when the staff were clearing up for the evening). The room was very hot, with no air con/fan, and opening the windows fully would have introduced far too much road noise. There were no toiletries in the bathroom, but luckily I found a small cupboard outside our room, so I helped myself! There was a broken wooden slat in the shutters in the bathrrom, and a ceiling spot light in the bedroom (out of use), covered with a piece of cardboard, so not very attractive. Also, the kettle did not work, unless you held your finger on the switch to make it boil. These latter things are all easily fixed, and hopefully will be before the next guests. As regards eating, the food was very good, both for lunch and dinner, and plenty of it. The only downside to our evening meal, was a couple with 3 children under the age of 5, who came into the restuarant to eat at 8pm! 2 of the 3 children spent a lot of the time screaming out, or crying, which spoiled the atmosphere for ourselves and other couples eating. Perhaps the establishment should have a 'no children after 7pm' rule in the restaurant. It realy did spoil things. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and if the issues above are fixed, or looked at, I would recommend this as a nice place to stay, and to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Yvieh

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. With regard to the issues you encountered with the room, housekeeping have been taken to task – there should always be toiletries in the room and everything should be working. We do have fans if guests wish to borrow them and I’m sorry you were not informed of this.

We’re really pleased you found the food good and plentiful but are sorry your evening meal was spoilt. We do like to welcome families but are unable to control the offspring. On the whole, they are well-behaved and I’m sorry you were unfortunate to come across the exception to the rule.

With regard to the music late in the evening, I have spoken with all duty managers to ensure this does not happen again.

We very much hope to see you again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent a Sunday night here. A great deal of money has been well spent on this large traditional pub with rooms - and more is being spent on a function room etc. It is full of character - the gents loo has a very original musical theme -but comfortable and with a very warm welcome. We had the smiles room at the back. Large, well appointed and quiet with a small balcony. We were on B&B terms which for two was a very reasonable £95 - an excellent leisurely breakfast. A good base for exploring the very attractive countryside of the area

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Jhonnie D, General Manager at Bell Inn Ticehurst, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi David
Thank you for your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stay - hope to see you again!
Best wishes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ticehurst
Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club
#1 of 1 in Flimwell
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
#3 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Bell Inn Ticehurst? Share your experiences!