I visited the Best Beech on the recommendation of the greengrocer in Wadhurst as the best pub for lunch in the area and he wasn't wrong.
The car park was virtually full which was a good sign and the pub and restaurant was full of locals and we received a warm welcome from the landlord. The service was friendly and efficient.
The food was excellent, I had vennison stew from the specials board and my sisters had the vegatarian option, which they rated highly. The beer, Harvey's, was well kept and the house wine also good.
The gents toilet needs a refurbishment but the overall decor is good and matches the country pub theme.
If you want a good country pub with good food and drink with a lively atmosphere then I can recommend the Best Beech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 2016. The Best Beech is a beautiful country inn located on the outskirts of the village of Wadhurst in East Sussex. The Best Beech offers a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere and is the ideal place to catch up with friends or relax with family. The restaurant offers traditional dishes and uses local suppliers wherever possible. In addition The Best Beech offers six well appointed en-suite rooms, all equipped with flat screen televisions, and tea making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Best Beech Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Best Beech Hotel Wadhurst
- The Best Beech Inn Wadhurst, East Sussex