“A WONDERFUL STAY, AT A WONDERFUL PERIOD VILLAGE INN.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Best Beech Inn

The Best Beech Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Wadhurst B&B and Inns
La Carihuela, Malaga
“A WONDERFUL STAY, AT A WONDERFUL PERIOD VILLAGE INN.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Well to be honest we visited this Inn unsure of what to expect, but what a suprise, this newly refurbished period Inn was light, bright and clean.
On arrival we were greeted by the owners, Mr and Mrs Tony King, and after our long and tiresome journey, they were both welcoming and very helpful. The stay for my wife and I was more than pleasent, we were looking for a relaxing stay, and it certainly was.
I must say what a lovely couple we found our hosts to be, Tony being a very humouros chap, and whist serving his customers, partisipating in conversation and humour making everyone feel at ease and welcome. A true professional in his trade.
I would recommend The Best Beech Inn to all, with no faults that we found, so much so that we travelling from our home in Spain to enjoy a 3 night stay over New Years Eve, where I know we will enjoy our evening in this friendly enviroment.
Don't take my word for it, try it yourselves..
Jeremy and Linda Martin. La Carihuela, Spain

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2009

There's nothing best about this place. Our room was only OK and a bit dark. Staff were unhelpful and the breakfast really poor - they clearly use the cheapest ingredients they can. Very few people about so presumably the locals have made up their own minds.
Best avoided!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MerrickLondon
Dorset, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2007

This pub has been run down now for a few years and desperately needs an owner with an interest. I stayed at this pub for 1 night in November 2007. The last time that I visited was for an evening meal approx. 2 years earlier. It would appear that the pub has just been taken over by a chain and that a landlord has been put in to manage it. The pub is very run down. It has very dirty toilets that only just work. The day that I stayed, I was the only one there and when I wandered into the kitchen - I could not believe what I saw ! ! They do not take credit cards and provide a selection of very basic evening meals... sign outside stating curry nights Wednesday ! - although from what I could see, noone attends .... I live outside the area - Brighton ish ... 25 miles away ... but I visited Wadhurst centre and found that a smart curry house existed - so why try and sell currys ? No excuse. The pub seems to be trying to cater for the wrong type of people ... Wadhurst and the area in which the pub is located seems to be quite upmarket ... very expensive houses etc. But then the pub is very run down and trying to sell cheap currys on a Wednesday night !! I did meet the landlord for a few secs... but then he disappeared and didnt show again for my stay... I heard him say that he had some accounts to do ! Bank on his back already.. ? Bar staff friendly ... localls less so (yobs)... chief was very odd ! I would not recommend this place to anyone unless it really does change ... I will try again in a couple of years ... or perhaps pop in one lunchtime when passing ...

• Liked — Location - lovely local countryside
  • Disliked — Very dirty.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank huntonpark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadhurst
Dale Hill Hotel and Golf Club
#5 of 5 in Battle
The Old Vine
The Old Vine
#3 of 8 in Wadhurst

Been to The Best Beech Inn? Share your experiences!