Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)
Brambletye Hotel(Forest Row)
Buxted Park Hotel(Uckfield)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,520 results
All reviewsafternoon teaeast wingthe secret gardenmolton brown productsbeautiful hotelamuse bouchechanging roomsspa treatmentsextensive groundssauna and steam roomupgraded to a suitethe main hoteldrawing roomleisure facilitiestennis courtssconesrelaxing weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just returned from a lovely family break at Ashdown Park, which I would say is 'adequate' which is a shame, as with a little more attention to detail, this review could have been 4-5 stars and not 3. It is the little things that matter, such as making sure that the biscuits that are put in the room with the tea & coffee are not out of date, it is attention to detail that when turning down the bed, do move the cushions so that the bed is not exactly as you left it just with the corners turned down, or actually topping up and replacing used toiletries.

I cannot moan about the room, a little dated but I think that we were lucky, it was clean and airy and I believe one of the more recently updated ones. There seemed to be lots of apology notes through the door - newspapers late and boiler problems so no hot water.

I had booked 4 months ago 2 treatments at the spa, so was a little upset to find that not only was I given the new girl - lovely girl, but it was also her first day - and she was totally unprepared and untrained on giving me a facial, but after I gave some constructive feedback to the senior staff I was refunded for the facial. The pool area is quite small and very dark, the Jacuzzi was good as was the steam room, but I am sure that the sauna was not fully functioning as it was warmer in the changing room than in the sauna!

The food in the restaurant is wonderful, I really cannot fault it at all. The service was not as good, but it did make us laugh at times, it was at times a little comical, Manuel would not have been out of place. Breakfast was good, again the service was a little slow, but bearable.

The lounge areas are 'pleasant', the outside space is the best place to be, sitting on the terrace having tea really was lovely.

All in all, it is ok, but it really could be so much better. Would I go back, probably not.......

Room Tip: Do ask for a room that has been more recently updated
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank elvis1969
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

On check in they took payment in advance before we had seen the room. Once I saw the room I understood why! It's tired and dated, looked like Victor Meldrew's front room.
When I asked to change to something more modern, I got a room that had been recently refurbished and then they put all the same furniture and fittings back in!
Let's see what dinner is like? Not included in the £365 room rate.
This is not what I would call a Small Luxury Hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked this hotel to be near the Bluebell railway and are so glad we did it is one of the most peaceful enjoyable weekends we have had. On arrivel you see this beautiful building and as you enter the reception you are standing in a comfortablelavish hall ,the check in was exremely efficient and we were shown to a beautiful room overlooking the lake stunning .We used the spa and swimming pool and the receptionists and staff couldnt have been more helpful. Breakfast was excellent staff wise and the food freshly cooked and great selection.Bedrooms were turned down whilst we were enjoying a drink in the bar (drinks are a little pricey but understandable in such a lavish hotel).
Our beds were so comfortable that you wanted to spend longer in them but also wanted to make the most of the beautiful grounds ie 18 hole putting green and croquet lawn.
We did have a cracked tile in the bathroom and put this on our feedback letter and was answered immediately by the hotel manager to say this was being resolved you couldnt ask for more.So fantastic hotel fanstatic staff ,fantastic two day break

Room Tip: parkland views are worth that little bit extra
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Ashdown for our anniversary and were very pleased with our choice. We got a package which included dinner, bed and breakfast and a treatment in the spa. We both enjoyed a lovely massage and used the gym and pool facilities which were nice too. The dinner was in the gorgeous dining room of the hotel and the service was very good. The food was tasty and we enjoyed some nice wine too. Our room had a lovely view of the park at the back (I think we may have received an upgrade as we told them in advance it was our anniversary and they had made a note of this for when we had arrived). The rooms were a little dated but nicely done. The breakfast was amazing with a massive choice of top ingredients such as smoked salmon and fresh honeycomb. We then had a walk of the grounds which are very beautiful and well worth some time in your visit. Would recommend to anyone with a special occasion but it is a little costly otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank pearl2106
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This place is just BEAUTIFUL I can't explain with even the most extreme words how it feels here. I truly believe this place is blessed with natural ambience and peace. It's the simple beauty of the grounds the Bambi that run around playing, the total silence at 5am in the morning when the deer can here you put your coffee cup down from a ridiculous distance. It's the Molton Brown Toiletries and the huge rooms over looking the gardens. It's the picnic blanket under the Oak tree with a bottle of bubbles and lunch. It's the Afternoon massage after a game of golf. I could go on but it was worth every single night. We originally booked two nights and stayed nine!!!! I hope that says it all. Going back again in July 2014 and hoping the weather is as amazing at it was this time last year. Rob & Chris Lock

Room Tip: Suites over the Terrace are beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple