“Lovely stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wych Cross
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at Ashdown Park to celebrate my birthday and wedding anniversary.

I found the staff very helpful and attentive, and our room (although quite dated in decor) was clean, quiet and spacious. We had a wonderful view of the grounds and I would recommend requesting a view over the back of the hotel when you book. During the stay we had afternoon tea, dinner and breakfast and the food was fantastic!

The only downside to this hotel is the spa. The pool area is very dark and it is a shame that the steam room and sauna are seperate for men and women. Usually it wouldn't make a difference but if you are going away for a romantic weekend with your partner then it is a shame when you spend the majority of the time in seperate areas! Also in the spa you need to put £1 in the lockers...I didn't bring my bag with me so just had to leave my things in an unlocked locker. It sounds a small thing but it all adds to the experience!

I would 100% recommend this hotel. It is in a stunning location, the food and service was fantastic and my husband and I left feeling relaxed. However if you want to go there for a spa break then I wouldn't recommend it.

Room Tip: Request a room looking out over the grounds at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarrietLouise2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Greek first
Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Ashdown Park exceeded our expectations. Wonderful location great service, lovely room and superb food. Spa treatment of hot stones massage was excellent. We will be returning in the future and may take all the family at a big birthday.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BradCoach
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My daughter and I decided to book a spa day and overnight stay at this hotel. On arrival we were greeted by a gentleman who took and stored our bags for us as the room wasn't ready. He then accompanied us through the lounge to the terrace where we were able to sit in the sun and have a glass of bubbly to get our break under way. The views across the grounds were beautiful. We had lunch and then went to the spa. The pool was nice, although a little poorly lit and the sauna and steam room were quite small. We'd booked full body massages, which were very good and which we both enjoyed. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We decided not to have an evening meal at the hotel and drove in to Forest Row where we had a really good Indian meal. Breakfast at the hotel was very good with plenty of choice of full English, cereals, juices, pastries etc.

The staff were very friendly and attentive and all in all it was a very enjoyable day/night and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

A very disappointing experience. We have eaten at the hotel on a number of occasions so were thoroughly confused by the comparative chaos and disorder which was the spa.
The food arrived late and overcooked, there was no room in the changing rooms or showers (especially during the congregation of two separate hen parties), there was nowhere to sit around the pool and my file and polish was rushed (having had my appointment pushed back by the staff (at 4.30 on the day itself) to 6.30pm from 5). This was probably the most un-relaxing and most disorganised spa I have ever visited. Not the experience that we had hoped for, for my nan and I to celebrate my mum's 60th. I am hoping that the hotel restaurant has not also gone downhill, otherwise I see little point in returning to Ashdown Park.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in June.
Lovely beautiful grounds and historical buildings but the rooms as you would expect are in need of some TLC. Our room was quite small, and quite a walk from the main house.

Food was good, although I found it to be on the expensive side for what you get. Breakfast was lovely, buffet style and the blueberry muffins were very tasty.

Overall, the hotel is lovely and I would recommend it. I juts found it to be expensive for what you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our third stay,three daughters and Mums. We were told the Hotel was not full yet they gave us the worst rooms we have had,view of the car park and a noisy generator.We had to phone the Spa five times to get treatments booked,there was always the promise to phone back! Had to ask four times for coffee to be served on arrival in the Lounge.Dinner was okey very few people in restaurant and staff cleared tables and set up for breakfast ,surely they could have waited?
We were asked if we would like beds turned but that did not happen.
Two of the girls asked for a map to go for a run which was out of date and they got lost,turned up two and a half hours later!
The staff are lovely but think there is a lack of communication between departments.
It is a beautiful Hotel set in amazing parkland.
We had thought of spending our 10th visit but we don't want stress just two nights of stress free break!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sunloverSussex
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Warm welcome by well trained reception staff, echoed throughout our 2 night stay. Comfortable, spacious room with lovely linen and supremely comfortable mattress. Good toiletries, fluffy, sparklingly white towels, and lots of them. Bar, restaurant and lounge and terrace teams could not be better. And then, there was the food, excellent, different, generous portions, and beautifully
presented.

With a reasonably priced wine list, with some treasures hidden among the expensive bottles, and a good range of non alcoholic cocktails and two sunny days overlooking the extensive manicured grounds of the deer park, what was there not to like?

A pleasure to stay there, and a place to which you would happily return if in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,538 reviews
The Roebuck Hotel
The Roebuck Hotel
#1 of 2 in Forest Row

Been to Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!