“Excellent stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Barking
Downham, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I picked this Premier Inn for its location to the underground into London and price (we did book well in advance and when we went on the web site a week before we were due to stay the price had gone up a lot). All the staff we came into contact with were very polite and helpful. The room was very clean and we had plenty of room for the family. The breakfast was excellent value as with every paying adult a kid eats free. Free parking and only 10 minutes walk to Barking station an excellent location and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had a great stay for 4 nights, however on the last night the noise from the room above from 10 pm until 3 am took the shine of what was a good stay.

Parking and access to London from Barking underground, only a 10 min walk away excellent.

Room clean and tidy maybe looking a bit tired in the bathroom.

Staff good and helpful buy trainee staff maybe should be mentored and not left alone on reception

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Thank you for my stay over x-mas this year. Staff is friendly and polite and made our stay albeit short a nice one. Location is good, close to roads and closish to tube and busses. Good and safe parking with easy access. I am coming back and i would recommend it to others.

Portsmouth
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A very comfortable hotel
One of the best hotels I've stayed in
The staff were very polite
The destination of the hotel is very good as you have everything nearby
The room was very clean and I loved the buffet breakfast which was very good value for money

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We often stay in Premier Inns on our travels as a young family. East London is a common location as we have family around there. I think we have stayed in this hotel at least 3 times. Never had a problem here that I remember and never marked a Premier Inn less than 4 out of 5 as I think they are great value. BUT, this stay just left us a bit underwhelmed. Check in was pleasant enough, food from the restaurant was good. The rooms as always clean and reasonably sized. The room was cold, though, despite turning the heating up to max (23 degrees). This felt strange because as soon as we stepped from the room into the corridor or reception it was lovely and warm. Anyway, a portable heater was acquired from reception which sorted this. The other gripe was the additional bed(s) provided in the family room. The big double bed is fine, but the comfort of the small fold out beds awful - hard, small, awkwardly located, just horrid - the worst nights' sleep I have had for a long time.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed in the Hotel for 4 nights and 4 days in July 2013. Its TOO far from Heathrow Airport. Nearest shops or metro station is good 20 min walk. Internet connectivity was good but its not complimentary.

I couldn't go sightseeing after office due to its location and lack of metro proximity.

I did like the breakfast they served. I loved the fact that by day 3, the hostess in the restaurant knew what I wanted.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Had to stay there abit expensive but overall good serviceshis is the second Premier Inn I have stayed in and I must say, the level of service provided to customers is second to none. My Wife and I checked in late on 21st october, a day short of my 26th birthday, which we were intending to spend around London. We only wanted somewhere quite and cheerful to sleep

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barking
Ibis London Barking
Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Premier Inn London Beckton Hotel
Park Hotel
#10 of 15 in Ilford

Been to Premier Inn London Barking Hotel? Share your experiences!