Stayed here for 3 nights while attending a course. Chose it on the reviews, & the reviews of the restaurant at Fowlers Farm - which was also outstanding !
Had a few minor problems on arrival (door wouldn't shut/lock properly), which was put right immediately. Ironing board was brought up to my room as soon as I asked, & when asking about taxies & busses for my return trip, was handed printed info from the net on bus times. Decided on a taxi, & the lovely guy booked it immediately for me, at a much cheaper rice than I had been quoted by another firm.
Didn't sleep after 3am the first night, as bed was too hard for me (I have a back problem), plus there was a humming/whining noise outside my window from something. Spoke to reception in the morning, though, didn't replicate the humming/whiling noise for their enjoyment ! Moved rooms, and was also given an extra quilt to lie on on the bed, in case this one was also too hard. Bed was ace, & softer that last (there'll be no stories of bowls of porridge involved, here), so didn't need the quilt. Was given my money back for the night I didn't sleep - which was a bit of a shock - how ace !
The rooms are top quality, like a luxury hotel. The only downside of the room I was moved to was, there was a very small gap between the table and the bed. This meant that you had to lift your suitcase right up in the air, to get it past the bed.
If you get up early, like me, you can take a trip across the road to the garage, & burger place for some provisions, or something to do. It is across the car park, & thru the hedge. It you have a torch, it would be advisable to take one with you.
I have truly, never ever, in my entire life met such helpful & cheerly staff. I think they have all been cloned from 'an ideal type'. How amazing & rare is it to meet people who actually ENJOY their jobs - they all deserve a medal, are a credit to their profession & their employers & trainers !!! Well done premier inn - you have gained a life long customer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bag some bargains at the Premier Inn Hotel Braintree Freeport Village - peacefully situated just over half a mile from Freeport Designer Village. We're the same distance from the Freeport Train Station with fast links to Stansted Airport and Greater London. Business guests are also well placed here. Retail might be less on your mind though if you're on the guest list at wedding venues The Fennes, Gosfield Hall and Leez Priory. Or if you fancy history at Hedingham Castle or some outdoor fun at Great Notley Country Park. Whatever brings you to Braintree, enjoy all the comforts you'd expect including an onsite restaurant, a spacious room and a comfy bed. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. Please be aware this Premier Inn only has showers. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. This Premier Inn is located near a major road, bedrooms are insulated to minimise noise. Directions: From the M11 junction 8, follow signs to A120 Colchester & Freeport Shopping Village. At Galley's Corner Roundabout, take forth exit and then left into Wyevale Garden Centre. The hotel is adjacent to Fowlers Farm and garden centre. Transport and local information: Braintree Train Station 2 miles Riverside Sports 1 Mile Castle Headingham 8 Miles Stanstead Airport 16.5 Miles Cinema Complex & Bowling Alley ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Hotel Braintree Freeport Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Braintree (Freeport Village) Hotel Braintree
- Holiday Inn Braintree
- Premier Inn Hotel Braintree Freeport Village Essex