“Golden Anniversary”

Ranked #2 of 4 Brentwood B&B and Inns
Istanbul
“Golden Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My Husband and I had a party for thirty guests at the Kiln on 7th September - the quality of the
food was excellent and the service was the very best that anyone could wish for - everyone said
that they could not believe that a small hotel would be of that high standard. Many thanks to
Patrick and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maryistanbul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Caerleon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night during a business trip. Great location just off the m25 but really does feel like you are in the middle of nowhere, very quiet! The room I had was not to the lavish standard the website would leave you believe but it was clean and comfortable, and very much good value at £77 for the night. I had dinner in the restaurant which I have to say was delicious if a bit overpriced, and I was a little shocked to be charged for two glasses of tap water. Overall a good stay with some minor dissapointment.

• Stayed September 2013
Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Second visit here (the first over a year ago) and I would return if in the area again and need a friendly and professionally run place to stay. Its not a part of any chain and locally-owned. A converted house with no more than 15 rooms I guess, some recently added to the house 'motel style'. Small bar and restaurant quite popular with guests and some outsiders too and bookinga dvised. Great English breakfast though limited buffet for those that can't indulge in the morning. Quality coffee, the bar sells the draft Guiness 'in the can' (which I have never seen elsewhere). No room service and a weird excuse why-if their is spillage it takes a day to clean it up and they lose a night's income! They must have had some messy eaters in the past.....No double glazing so a bit of road noise if you are front-facing. Nothing around about so need a car, 10 mins from Brentwood where there is also.... not much! The Thatcher pub nearby looks quaint but not as promising as it looks but thats another story!

Room Tip: Room 3 is a nice size (double) but front-facing so a bit of noise and the extractor fan is not very...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Lovely quality food, served by bright, friendly, efficient and knowedgable staff. Its very hard to find fault, my scallops were divine, my wife and friends all enjoyed their food just as much, we had a really nice time and will visit again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Penzance, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at The Kilns with my husband as part of a wedding party and although the room and shower room were small, it was clean and comfortable. We ate at the restaurant and the food was excellent. But what struck us more than anything was the warm and friendly staff who couldn't have been more helpful and made our stay memorable. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night here in Room 5 as I was in the area for work.
Plenty of parking and the public areas are a modern design and welcoming.
I had a single room which was clean and minimalist in design but very small, for just one night it was OK but it would have felt too cramped for a longer stay. The ensuite shower room was small but very clean and nicely fitted out.
The bedroom was well equipped, I had a comfortable bed, the electric fan is a nice touch in the hot weather although as it turned out not very effective.
I ate in the restaurant, which was nicely laid out but on the expensive side, the food however was good. I think they could benefit from a light bar /snack menu or perhaps a restaurant discount for resident guests. I think that for a guest travelling for work on a weekday, the gastronomic menu is a little extravagant. The buffet breakfast included in the room price sounded fantastic so I didn't order a cooked breakfast (extra cost), however I must have been the last down in the morning as it had been wiped out by the other guests and not replenished so it wasn't as good as I was expecting.
Overall a good looking, comfortable hotel with friendly and polite staff. I would stay again but pay the extra for a double room and get up earlier for breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

My sister, my niece, and I, spent a most memorable evening at the Kilns. We were put at our ease from the moment we entered the reception by Patrick who informed us "that we were there to be looked after". Then came Jammie, our smiling waiter, for whom nothing was too much trouble, he was polite, pleasant and very professional. Our meal was second to none, we all enjoyed every mouthful, our compliments to the chef!!!

Our room was clean, well furnished and equipped, with good lighting. The beds were VERY
comfortable and we all had a good nights sleep. Ample soft whiter than white towels and great
showers finished off our short stay. We were made to fill so welcome that none of us wanted
to leave. The only problem we had was that our taxi firm let us down (nothing to do with the
Kilns) but thankfully for us Donna on reception stepped in unprompted and put herself out to
find us the cheapest cab home. What a service!

It was evident that all the staff pulled together in a friendly and harmonious manner and took great pride in their jobs, the attention to detail was refreshing and hard to find these days.

Thank you all so much for a very enjoyable one night stay. I would just like to add, I have never
bothered to write a review before, but felt that you deserved to be praised. WELL DONE.

Mrs. Church.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joycamo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
#3 of 6 in Romford
Premier Inn Brentwood Hotel

Been to The Kilns Hotel? Share your experiences!