“Excellent cream tea!!”
Review of The Kilns Hotel

The Kilns Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Brentwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a friend for afternoon tea - and what a pleasant experience it was! The service was great and the atmosphere in the restaurant was good. The cream tea and sandwiches was very tasty. Definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for The Kilns Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at The Kilns for one night whilst on business with a colleague.
The first point to note is that the exterior of the premesis has been maintained to an excellent standard and the buildings look gorgeous from the outside with a decent sized car park, certainly giving a very 'top end' hotel feel.
Check - in was quick and easy and at this point it is key to note that the staff were excellent at all times and always made me feel as though my well being during my stay was of upmost importance.
As we arrived later into the evening we ate at the hotel in the very charming restauraunt area, and even though the food is a little pricey the quality of the food and the presentation were first class (I had fishcakes for starters and salmon for mains).
My room was a single room and had an excellent bathroom. One of my pet hates with hotels is that at a lot of other places I have stayed at the hot water isn't exactly 'hot', however on this occasion the shower was excellent with plenty of hot water.
The only minor issues I found were that the windows were fitted with wooden blinds, not curtains and they were not that good at keeping the light out in the early morning, and also I would have loved a bedside table! As there wasn't one I had to keep my phone etc on the desk out of reach of the bed.
I had continental breakfast in the morning which was more than satisfactory and set me up well for the day.
Overall a very good stay and I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Duststorm
Reviewed 17 May 2014

A wonderful old pottery that is now a wonderful hotel/restraraunt.My husband and I had afternoon tea on a Groupon deal and what a good deal it was.Tea, coffee, sandwhiches and cake served by lovely friendly staff.To round off our afternoon....the best "bloody mary" ever...with a dash of sherry! Not to be missed

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wenjilondon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My partner and I often travel for work,so see a fair few B&Bs and hotels; but The Kilns has topped the feel good factor for me. Quiet, comfortable room with excellent mattress, Good wi fi connection, but most importantly, the nicest staff. All were helpful, kind and jolly,they couldnt do enough for us. A huge thumbs up, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Yvette A
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon tea, the room was lovely and airy and the atmosphere was extremely friendly and welcoming.
The tea itself was gorgeous, the scones were light and fluffy and there was a lovely selection of sandwiches.
It was a very generous tea and the staff were happy to refresh the teapot numerous times, we ended up bringing some cakes and scones home as we couldn't bear to leave them behind and our appetites were fully sated!
I would recommend this for a family treat, romantic lunch or girls afternoon out and will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My sister and I took our mum for a Mother's Day treat. The staff could not have been more helpful, our waiter returned several times to check we had sufficient tea and made up doggy bags for the cakes we could not manage to eat. There was a great selection of sandwiches and cakes and all were delicious. This hotel is a great find and we will be back to try out their dinner menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Markeytours
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Booked this deal through Groupon for me and my mum. Before going I read some really bad revues. I was very apprehensive as my mum was so looking forward it. We arrived on time, the staff were very pleasant and welcoming. Champagne was lovely as we're the sandwiches and cakes were delicous too. We couldn't eat it all. A very enjoyable experience for us both. Very clean and could not fault it at all. Just goes to show, don't believe everything you read. Would definitely return again, thanks Kilns Hotel for a lovely afternoon. Mrs s bright. 2/4/14

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan B
Kilns, Manager at The Kilns Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Susan B

Thank you for your very kind comments, it was a pleasure to have you and your mum dine with us for Afternoon Tea and we are really glad you both enjoyed it.

It is unfortunate that some guests chose to use Trip Advisor to write unnecessary (and often not factual) negative comments on a public forum rather than bring them to our attention at the time to allow us opportunity to clarify or resolve matters. This is why we are very grateful that you have taken the time to give an accurate reflection of your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another enjoyable afternoon tea.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Gidea Park Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
#3 of 6 in Romford
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to The Kilns Hotel? Share your experiences!