My wife and I booked in for afternoon tea at Kilns after Marygreen Manor were fully booked.
Overall, we really enjoyed it! The staff were excellent and we really couldn't fault the service.
There were a good selection of tasty sandwiches of a reasonable quality. Followed by a delicious selection of cakes and scones.
Afternoon Tea is in the dining room so it does feel a bit formal rather than comfy chairs etc we've had elsewhere, but the whole place is very nicely decorated.
My suggestions would be:
- There was no tea menu?? Normally we are given a list of different teas.
- Sandwiches were served on a plate 1st and the cake tier brought after we'd finishef - we like the tier on the table from the start!
Overall, a really good afternoon which I'd reccommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built Circa 16th century, The Kilns Hotel is a classical Grade II listed Queen Anne’s building having undergone many period changes over the years. A favorite with business travelers and people visiting friends or just Brentwood.The hotel retains much of its original charm and character. However, much of its period features have been lost over time but has now evolved into an extremely comfortable, modern and contemporary style petite hotel with an air of sophistication, rarely found outside central London.During your stay, you can experience our excellent food and selection of fine wines while dining at The White Napkin Restaurant and Bar (Essex Food & Drink Awards 2010/11 finalists) which can be used by our residents, and is open to non-residents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Kilns Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kilns Hotel Brentwood, Essex