“SLOW service, disappointed”
Review of Lot 75

Lot 75
Reserve with OpenTable
Lot 75 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“SLOW service, disappointed”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We went there for father's day breakfast and waited 45 minutes before the food arrived. Food was adequate. When our bill arrived we found we had been overcharged £15 for drinks we never received. Finally got the bill corrected and when I went to pay at the desk with the credit card the waitress walked off. The owner needs to sort out the kitchen, he's too busy at front of house greeting his friends when they walk in! Overall the visit was spoilt by poor service. Disappointing.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank J0nathanD11

London, United Kingdom
“Nice when the suns out”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Food is solid bar/cafe fare! Lot is really at it's best when the suns out great to sit outside with a few drinks.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Poor Experience, rude management”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I went into the cafe hearing only good things about the pleasant area and good food. It was a Saturday morning, so I went in for breakfast with my husband. It was a nice sunny day, and as they have an outdoor seating area it was very busy. Even though there was pressure on the staff because of it being busy, the young waitresses managed to keep a smile on their face. I can only say good things about the staff, apart from the management... They seemed to have an unwelcoming air about them and looked down on others. I also felt very uncomfortable hearing the way they spoke to the young girls and thought it was terribly rude which made me feel awkward. Also, we were kept waiting for a while and had dirty plates on our table which was understandable as it was busy. But then a member of the management came over and picked up one glass leaving the rest of the table filthy. I know that the management have other things to do, but with it being so busy they could've helped out. It was almost like it was below them to clear tables. Overall, we were disappointed.
It is based in a nice area and as I say, the young waitresses were very good, but based on the rudeness of the management I wouldn't return. It spoiled our experience. Also, I'm not sure how long the place has been there but it is looking very tired. A refurbishment and a couple of courses on 'People Skills' should do the trick!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank DaisyC23
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Ok, but nothing special”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This place is always teeming with bodies of a Friday evening as suits get off the train from London, and always assumed it was a good place to go. It is nicely decorated in there and staff are well-presented, but they all seem a bit 'cliquey' - air kissing certain regulars who look like they've stepped straight out of 'TOWIE', and little old us who don't look a million dollars seemed to get a bit ignored. Food was OK. Can't really get scrambled egg and salmon that wrong, but nicely presented and tasted good. Drinks again, fine. Slightly over-priced for what you get, but that's Shenfield for you. I wouldn't rush back in a hurry.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Stevie G
London,
“Bulshy stroppy staff a dreadful experience all round”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Couldn't begin to tell you how I feel about this place. Staff are stubborn moody and when we told them we had been overcharged the experience was painful. We didn't get all our money back but I feel it's a lucky escape as we won't ever go back so their short sightedness has cost them my future custom

Visited November 2013