“Another excellent night”

Ranked #39 of 176 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Inside the main bar is comfortable and stylish, with a traditional log burner, there are tables for both eating and just for sitting and enjoying a drink. The Restaurant is open on Bank Holiday Mondays. There is a public bar complete with big screen for SKY and BT Sports and delicious bar snacks available on request. We offer competitively priced meals, Mon until 3pm, Thurs-Sat until 9pm, Sunday we serve Roast Dinner, Chef specials and bar snacks until 6pm. We have a huge beer garden. Childrens menu is £6.50 Including ice-cream. Our menu offers something for everyone. Whether you just want to relax with a pint and the paper or are looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion The Willow is just perfect! We hold regular Quiz Nights and events see website for details. Sports Bar is dog friendly and we have seating outside at the front for Dog Owners.
Reviewed 4 May 2014

A really good night at Willow' Dinner and Dance, set menu and entertainment for £25 a head was excellent value! Many thanks to Sandra and Keith and the team for overcoming a difficult two weeks and still putting on such a brilliant event. In those two weeks we have also had two family Sunday lunches with family and enjoyed both.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are new to the area and live very close to the willow, we have been there a few times so far for food and have been served excellent food.
Nothing is to much trouble and the service is great.
Brilliant to have our local pub/ resaurant so close by.
Will be visiting on a regular basis.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Came here for Easter expected average food, but when served I felt very let down seen as came here before. Food was good but could have had better customer service the waiter who took our order was very unhelpful same as the rest of the staff. Also food time was very long!

So I am giving this place 2 out of 5 stars.

Sorry but expected better!!!

2  Thank ReviewOnYou124
Sandra R, Manager at The Willow Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

I am the manager of The Willow restaurant my name is Sandra unfortunately when you visited us on the 21st April myself my daughter and the chef Keith who were all supposed to be working on this day were not there due to the chef/my husband having a heart attack at 8.30 on that morning and was obviously rushed to hospital ....myself and my daughter going their to. The person that you refer to as the waiter who you saw at the restaurant that day had never worked at The Willow or indeed in that sort of environment before ...and just tried to step in and help keep the ship afloat for the day....The Chef that cooked for you was our young chef that would never be left alone to do the amount of covers that they tried to do that day hence the waiting time but due to the circumstances he tried his very best to step up, yes in hindsight maybe we should have chosen to close that day but the decision was made to try and honour the bookings that were made. I pride myself on The Willow having good customer service and would ask you to call me so I can discuss this matter with you further ...

regards

Sandra Ross

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just back from a lovely meal at the willow. Great pork belly and fish and chips, pub food as it should be...hot, tasty, home cooked and at a reasonable price. Extensive menu and had no room for pudding.

Will be back next week .

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Along with visiting friends from Reading we ate at The Willow last weekend.
A very warm welcome greeted us upon arrival and the attentive service throughout our evening was much appreciated.
The food was excellent and special mention should be made of a lovely starter...salmon sausages with scallops. Very different and very nice!
The sea bass fillets chosen by two of us were really rated.
A cracking evening...thanks to all the team.
Keep up the good work.