“never on time”

Bengal Spice
Ranked #104 of 171 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 14 December 2013

used to order from here and cannot fault the food, or the value of the dishes. You get double size portions as standard. The problem is that its popularity stems from the price of the food and they cannot keep up with demand. When you order over the phone they start cooking when you arrive, so you can wait 40 minutes. If you order a delivery as another reviewer has observed it is as if has all been poured into a plastic bag. A shame because it could be good if managed better.

1  Thank Gutlord

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great curry's, there was around 8 dishes that (even as a regular curry eater) I had never heard of. So I set myself the task of try each one! Really good, not coloured like many other places. I ended up eating a dish called Rajashi which was the best curry I have ever eaten! I spoke to another restaurant owner at a cricket match, he was the owner of several restaurants and when I told him the dish I liked he said it was very rare for that to be made as it was very time consuming and difficult to cook, I think that sums it up.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I live just around the corner and I have a takeaway once or twice a week from Bengal Spice. Food is far superior to all the other takeaways in the area. I always have king prawn Dansak and it's amazing. Generous portions of prawns and they are proper king prawns cooked perfectly. Nice people as well. Prices are reasonable with 10% discount for collections.

Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

My name mr wood. Yesterday I orders food.
Fantastic food and great delivery service, best Take away
in Essex!