“Exceptional Restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Romford, United Kingdom
“Exceptional Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I like to take this opportunity to tell everyone how exceptional this restaurant and the staff are.
Yesterday after receiving horrendous service from another local restaurant called Alec’s. We left without eating outside this restaurant my daughter telephoned to ask if the Masons could cater for a party of 9 for a 50th Birthday and without hesitation they stepped in and set up a lovely table for the party and made my birthday feel very special they really did save the day. All the staff was friendly and nothing was too much, going above and beyond.
I would like to thank all the staff especially the manager because they turned a bad situation into a wonderful experience.
We have also booked for another table of 16 for another family occasion in the near future which we are all looking forward too

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Debbie C

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“A great evening!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We all recently went to masons for a birthday meal, it was great service and fantastic food! we would deffinatly recommend this place and will be comming back very soon!

Essex
“Worst meal yet at Masons”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I always recommend Mason's but having taken my friend for lunch I have to say,I would no longer recommend them.
We ordered Fish & Wedges - BIG mistake!! My friend commented to the waitress that the wedges looked like a burnt offering!!!!! They tasted absolutely awful,squidgy I the middle yuk!! I would say,they were the day before's wedges re cooked but we were assured that was not the case. On leaving the restaurant,we noticed,the other diner's wedges looked perectly ok. The Moral - dont go at 12 o'clock - leave it til later,or,don't go at all!
Incidentally,we were told there were only two prawn cocktails LEFT (at 12 o'clock!!!! Obviously they were from the day before.

2 Thank HolidayaholicEssex
London, United Kingdom
“Extortionate price for non-alcoholic beer”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice lunch, good service, nice restaurant but I would not return. I was charged £3.80 for half a pint of non-alcohol beer. That equates to £7.60 for a pint. This is for a drink which does not attract any duty. When I queried this as I thought they'd charged for a pint rather than half, I was simply told that that price was correct.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank wadh0825
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Great Meal Great service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always a good choice of starters and main courses, Masons salad a favourite. Staff are welcoming and helpful , if you don't want it with mash you can have chips instead. They will recommend a good wine to match your dish. We have never been disappointed