“BRILLIANT!”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We love Alec's restaurant, we have been a couple of times, even though we have to catch a cab to get there, so it's more of a special occasion restaurant for us. One of our favourites is the scallops for starters, we both also enjoy the steaks for main. My partner enjoyed a seafood main and we think he had the biggest prawn EVER, it was huge and delicious. I would really recommend this place for occasions and the wine list is very reasonably priced in my opinion. We want to go back again soon, next option for main- the lobster!

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Despite being fitted in at the last minute after a lot of wheedling, this second visit has confirmed out impression of the first. Staff excellent, knowledgeable, helpful but not intrusive. Food was brilliant, wines excellent, cocktails fab, the whole thing is an experience - what an excellent setting and perfect as it was for our anniversary! No moans, only that it was time to leave. Some say this is expensive, but I often dine in London and believe me, this is absolutely proof that at Alec's you get what you pay for!!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We went to Alec's for my sisters birthday as she raves about the place, however I have to say my wife and I eat out quite a bit and enjoy paying for what you get,unfortunately you don't get much else at Alec's other than expensive food. Which on the whole was very nice. The staff are a million miles away from the silver service you would expect for the price. Also we found that the customer service was a bit lacks and at times quite rude, my wife order two starters as she did not want a main which the staff said would be fine, however the did omit to tell us they would increase the price and charge as for a main but the real insult was the several hairs she found in her main meal....when we politely pointed this out the waitress was very professional and took the food away, however the manager then returned with said hairs in a napkin and said they must be one of ours as none of her staff had this colour hair. I can only think she thought a party of six was trying to get a free ravioli.we was offered a new and a replacement which we declined however they still charge for the meal but let us have the hairs for free. We left feeling insulted and would not be going back !!

2  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My new husband and I went here when we returned from our trip to get married, I thought I would treat my new husband! OMG it was amazing!!! We had a table booked for 9.30pm on a Saturday night. It would have been nice if it was a little earlier and I did book it over a month in advance but nevermind. The food was outstanding. I had scallops to start and the husband had a fish ravioli thing, both of ours starters were fantastic. For main, I had the tuna which was so nice and I know the husband had a fish dish and loved it but I can't remember which it was. Overall the service was very good, they kept coming and asking if it was ok and filling up our wine glasses. I will most definitely be going back here, and of course if you like fish, then you should go too!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Wow! What a place! Beautiful location, glorious views, spacious and welcoming restaurant! Food is fantastic, lobster Thermidor perfect! Pudding yummy! Traditional jam sponge with custard, perfect comfort food of the best quality! BUT and it's a good but, the best for us was the staff especially Isabelle and Megan, really lovely genuine girls! For once staff that actually seem like they enjoy what they do and care!!! Would go back just for them! ALEC they are definitely an asset to your business! Thank you girls!! Maria and Mita xx