“Quite civilized in the middle of nowhere.”
Review of Alec's Restaurant

Alec's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Quite civilized in the middle of nowhere.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when friends asked us to join them at Alec's. It appeared in the midst of a pastoral countryside and then we were escorted into a rather nice dining room. You could dine outside, but we opted for the inside. The service was second to none and the food was simply delicious. I would have expected the service and food to be in an establishment in the center of London or New York City, but here it was in Brentwood. I had the cod which was superbly prepared and presented. Would we return? Without hesitation.

Romford, United Kingdom
“terrible service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I cannot believe the appalling service and customer service received yesterday (Sunday) a reservation was booked for 9 people for a 50th Birthday at 3.45pm
Firstly we arrived and told the table was not ready so we was asked to sit and wait, we ordered a drink and told we could not pay for the drinks but must go on tab arguing with a 78 year old who insisted and was eventually was allowed to pay.
We was then taken to the table which turned out to be two tables apart from one another, we was not happy about this and the staff was VERY rude to all the family saying the manager does not allow the table to be moved and that the kitchen would not cope with a table of 9 they also told my daughter who is 36 weeks pregnant that they did not care about our event and was not bothered if we stayed or go.
We went and can only praise a restaurant called the Masons in Brentwood who after a telephone conversation from my daughter put on a table for 9 even through the was busy and made us feel special and appreciated our custom.
In today’s climate you would think the restaurant would want to retain customers not send them away but they are the ones losing with us returning to the Mason’s having booked out the restaurant for another occasion.
I know I will not get a reply or comment to this as I see that Alec’s thinks that it is to good t5o reply to any comments good or bad

• Visited June 2014
25 Thank Debbie C
UK - East London/Essex Border
“Should be high on anyones list”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Can't believe I haven't reviewed before having eaten here a dozen or so times in last two years.
Simply put, if you enjoy good food, especially seafood, if you like attentive service and well spaced tables in a modern interior space then Alec's takes a lot of beating.
Sure there will be some negative reviews because everyone has different criteria, granted some of the portion sizes may appear small, and the décor is not to everyone's taste but each to their own. The set lunch menu is very good value for money, I have no reservations in singing the praises of the fish soup!. If you're not a fish or seafood lover then the steak is always cooked well.
If you want a dish cooked sans sauce or an element omitted, want more bread then simply ask.
Service is invariably timely, friendly and efficient.
You need to travel a far distance to do better

• Visited May 2014
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch last week and I can only describe the whole experience as faultless. Beautiful surroundings, relaxed atmosphere with very friendly staff. And thankfully not the tango-tan-fest some other reviewers described! As for the food, just sublime. I can't recommend the seafood thermidor enough. Yes it's pricey, but that's why it's so damn good!

1 Thank Ruairí Ó
London, United Kingdom
“Must visit”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This really was a wonderful lunch, starters, mains,and sweet were all delicious. Staff were very attentive and the setting of the restaurant is good with plenty of parking space and nice views over the surrounding farmland. My only complaint would be the fish ( Skate ) that two of us had was the smallest piece of Skate I have ever had ( wing and middle ) I suppose that is the difference in price between the lunch menu and the a la carte.

1 Thank ken b