“better places to go”

Joy Fook Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
london
“better places to go”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

very tied needs to be redecorated food average over priced would struggle to justify travelling all that way for this restraunt

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lucky l

London
“I haven't even gone yet and it's AWFUL - WORST SERVICE!!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I reluctantly have to go to this restaurant for a hen do this coming weekend, and I rang up to discuss whether it was a possibility if I could choose something form the a la carte menu as I have dietary problems. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was UNBELIEVABLE in suggesting he could offer me that as long as I spent £18 (the rate for the buffet). I explained again that I can't eat most things so if he could just me order a dish I would also happily pay for the disco afterwards too. He again said no. Adamant that apparently they only serve 'dinners' as if I wouldn't be dining. In which case I suggested that maybe I could come along and not eat, to which he said that's ok but I would still need to pay £18. NOT ONE SINGLE OUNCE OF COMPROMISE considering I will probably only be eating plain rice!! NONE. His awareness of customer relations are ZERO. Rude, idiotic and selfish. I haven't even gone yet and I am furious! Once I go and pay my £18 for rice I will be back to write a review again!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank C L
everywhere
“Chaos!!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

So we arrived in a group to be met with about 20 groups of a minimum of 8 but usually 12+ people crammed in. We were put in a corner table which meant the people sitting in the corner had to make 4 people move so they could get in and out, then after sitting waiting for nearly 40mins we were then told we had to go the bar for our drinks, 45mins later after overhearing at least 2 separate people complaining to the staff for a number of reasons we finally got to the bar. At that stage we were absolutely starving and finally got food, we were there on the Saturday buffet night, the plates were the size of a bread plate so once you put a couple of spring rolls on you had completely filled the plate. I honest cant tell you much about the food as we were waiting so long we inhaled it, but it was fairly average buffet food. With the enormous volume of people there most food sections were empty and they ran out of plates regularly. We didn't end up getting much food as it was such hassle getting in and out of the corner. Then the Dj started, considering the demographic mainly 20-30's party people the 2 hrs of 70-80s music was ridiculous!!! Don't go!! Better places to go of the same elk nearby that are far superior in food quality, service and price

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mrpandmrsj
London, United Kingdom
“friends night out”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a really dated resturant that needs doing up and the outside garden needs some TLC.
The buffet food was hot and plentyful BUT the silly tiny plates that you had too put the food on was a joke so you had to get getting up to go for more food (it was a side dish plate size)
The staff were not that friendly or speak maybe not knowing how to speak English I guess.
BUT the worst was alittle chinese man trying to do a take off of Elvis known as the Chinise Elvis it was so bad it was funny as he could not sing and no one clapped .
So please lose the bad singer and get someone who can really sing.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank salliechannon
London, United Kingdom
“Girls Night out...”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Staff were really rude and when we arrived, we weren't sitted for around 25 minutes as they had set up the wrong sized table for us

Food was ok but not great, there was a good selection but most food was cold

DJ - Music was good, DJ played all the songs we asked for.

Unfortunately it was really empty, may have been better if It was busier.

• Visited May 2013