“yummy yummy yummy!!!”

Rose and Crown
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An exciting fusion of a traditional British Pub with authentic Thai dining. The Rose and Crown is a striking, newly refurbished pub that offers an extensive range of authentic Thai cuisine and traditional British dishes. We look forward very much to welcoming you to either our restaurant, or our traditional bar.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Well done to all the staff at the rose and crown for making my Saturday night really wonderful.
Me and my husband popped in on the chance they might be able to fit us in and they quickly checked and got us sat within 10 mins and made us feel really welcome the food is fab and the service for a busy night was top top! (hot plates brought out before our mains!!) loved thank you and will see you very soon.

Mattdeptmanager, General Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hi there - Thank you so very much for your kind comments. It's good to hear that we were able to accommodate you at short notice and that you had a good time with us - we look forward to seeing you both again very soon! With all good wishes, Matt

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Although the decor and restaurant look lovely, being a Thai food fan was really looking forward to my meal. I was very dissapointed. I had the Thai fish cakes to start and was presented with a couple of small disc of thin over fried things. They had no content inside as they were overcooked and chewy. All presented nicely although portions small for price and quite frankly you get a nicer more authentic dish for less money at Mizu a few minutes drive away. Neither me or my friends would recommend and have not returned since.

Hi there - I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss this further and hopefully we can find a way to change your opinion of the Rose and Crown for the better. Many thanks for your comments, which are, as ever, always welcome, Matt

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nice decor and food is very nice. However found staff not exactly "warming" or friendly but after about 20 minutes upon arrival found some guy in charge (whether pub manager) having a go at the waitresses well within ear shot and also witnessed another person from the pub a young blonde lady barking at the waitresses to take some tables order of which the waitress did straight away. So I can understand why the waitresses are not exactly welcoming or attentive working with people who have a go at them in front of the whole restaurant .. dictatorship comes to mind.

Mattdeptmanager, General Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hi - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with regard to food and decor - we do aim to please! However I'm somewhat surprised that you witnessed one of my team 'having a go' as you say at the waiting staff; this certainly isn't how we normally operate. My management style is absolutely not dictatorial and I can say without any doubt that all of my team would agree with this! I wonder if you would contact me directly please so I can investigate this further? This will give me an opportunity to offer re-training if there are areas of unnacceptable behaviour that need addressing. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Finally got round to booking a table on a Sunday evening! The restaurant is well set out and has a lovely atmosphere! Our food was fresh and delicious - plenty to choose from - loved the mixed starter and thoroughly enjoyed the Thai Red curry along with a coupe of sides! Definitely will return - it worked out incredibly reasonable using our Taste Card - just over £50 for 4 with wine (no desserts)! Admittedly the service was a little slow, probably due to a busy restaurant, but wasn't a problem! Well worth a visit!!

Hi there - Thank you very much for coming and I'm glad to hear that your party had a good time! We can of course get busy sometimes, and this does unfortunately impact a little on the speed of service, bit it's good to know it wasn't really a problem for you on this occasion! I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Best wishes, Matt

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited on a Friday evening, it was very busy with a great atmosphere. The food was delicious but due to the a punt of people service was slow although friendly. Loved the decor!!!

Mattdeptmanager, General Manager at Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hi there,
Thank you so much. I am so glad you had a great time and we hope to see you back again soon!