We arrived at this hotel hoping that some of the recent reviews were wrong. Check-in was very smooth and professional. We had a room on the ground floor just around the corner from the reception. Not the biggest room we've stayed in, but very clean and comfortable, although the armchair looked a bit battered! Sliding wooden "doors" replace curtains, which doesn't look great, but they do keep out the light from the car park. Large flat screen TV-very nice.Tea and coffee making equipment are all on a hefty wooden tray on a shelf under the TV - very awkward access, especially with the power socket being on the wall behind! We thought that the shelf would slide out for ease of use, but it didn't and we ended up moving the small kettle onto the top next to the TV.
Very nice bathroom with shower. Lovely white towels, but could be a bit BIGGER for us larger people!!
The bed was very comfortable with the usual variety of pillows on offer.
We were disturbed at about midnight on our first night by someone's kids running around in the corridors and outside in the car park - screaming. Very thoughtful of their parents if they were even aware.
My husband tried the leisure facilities and was very impressed with the pool, steam room (which he particularly enjoyed) and the jacuzzi.
We ate breakfast on both mornings - very nice with lots of choices of hot/cold etc.
We ate in the restaurant on the Saturday evening and were advised to book as it apparently gets busy. One table of approx. 10 people and ourselves is hardly busy! However, we had a very good meal. The service was very good and the food was surprisingly good.
The car park gets very full at busy times, although it is very extensive. We had to search a bit on the Saturday evening and then had a bit of a walk to the hotel entrance.
Ask for a room away from the reception area, as smokers tend to gather just outside - no matter what time of day or night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Brentwood is located just off junction 28 of the M25 and only 1 mile away from Ford Motor Company in Warley, and 0.5 miles from British Telecom offices. Holiday Inn Brentwood is 15 minutes from Lakeside Shopping Centre, 25 minutes from Stansted Airport, 40 minutes from Central London and is the perfect choice for business and leisure travellers alike staying in and around Essex. At the Holiday Inn Brentwood all guest rooms have air conditioning and are non-smoking. Offering a choice of standard and executive bedrooms as well as Family and 2 Accessible Bedrooms. High Speed internet access is available in guest rooms, lounge and The Academy. We offer a la carte dining in our restaurant, 24 hour room service or bar snacks. Unwind after a hard days work in our fully equipped health club, including beauty and fitness facilities, indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Holiday Inn Brentwood is a popular venue for meetings and events and can accommodate a variety of functions in The Academy which can cater for 120 people theatre style, and offers breakout facilties. Events over the forthcoming months close to us:May - Southend Air ShowFree Car Parking available. Kids Stay & Eat Free* *Terms and conditions apply. Restaurant Closed on Sundays ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Brentwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Brentwood Hotel Brentwood
- Brentwood Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Brentwood Essex