“Expected the worst, received the best.”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Expected the worst, received the best.”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two nights at the end of April. We came all the way down from Edinburgh and we had checked the reviews after we had booked. We were extremely apprehensive and were expecting the worst due to the previous reviews. We arrived too early for check in and the receptionist informed us that had this been any other night she could have let us in but the hotel had been fully booked the previous evening. She was very helpful and felt that she did our best for us.

Upon arrival, the hotel lobby was clean and very modern with most of the guests appearing to be business people. Our second floor room was very spacious with a huge double bed. The television was a flat screen, bigger and better than we had seen in any other hotel. The bathroom was clean and the shower was brilliant. I cannot fault our room in any way. We were very happy with the price we paid and would DEFINITELY recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Guest
I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Comments like yours are always very much appreciated especially since our main aim is to provide our guests with the highest level of guest care and comfort. I am pleased we succeeded in doing this and I like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Yours sincerely
Joost van Spengler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
portsmoouth UK
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Stayed here last weekend as had a family wedding to attend in town. Managed to get our room early as had to be at wedding by 1230. They were very helpful in doing this (thank you Jessica)
Bar service was very slow but only one person on.
Room was comfortable. Tea coffee provided. Towels, soap, bath soak, shampoo.
Breakfast was lovely.
All in all a short stay and only in the hotel for around 8 hours as wedding on until 230 am. We paid 105 for the night including buffet breakfast which I thought was expensive but it did what we needed. No problems with any noise at night as people have mentioned. We were on the second floor. The security in the evening on the door were very thorough although they took ages to find our name on the list and it was freezing and raining hard!
Would definitely return

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jessica was able to allocate you a room early on arrival. All your other comments are also much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future. Kind regards.
Joost van spengler
Stratford upon Avon
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed here before and stupidly decided to try again in April 2012. Arrived with my "guaranteed and hold for late arrival" reservation at around 10.00pm. I was informed that on that very day there had been a catastrophic "system collapse" and that there was no room for me! A room was available at Holiday Inn in Basildon! Having driven 140 miles in pouring rain I was not pleased and said so. I was offered a free drink! I replied that I would love a drink but I had to drive to Basildon!

What really annoys me is the patronising rubbish the desk guy come out with. "System collapse" - I think not! Dare I suggest a policy of overbooking predicated on the "some don't turn up" philosophy?

Holiday Inn proudly display that they are a partner hotel for the Olympics. If they cannot handle routine business on a midweek evening in April then how on earth are they going to cope during the Olympics?

Room Tip: Stay at Marygreen Manor or Premier Inn
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 1neilmckenzie
Dear Guest,
I apologise most sincerely that a computer system error left us in the most unfortunate situation of not having enough rooms available for all arriving guests. As a result we were given no alternative but to make arrangements for some of our guests to stay at our sister Hotel in Basildon. I fully appreciate that this was most inconvenient, especially since you had already driven a long distance prior to your arrival at the hotel. I notice that you have stayed at the hotel previously. Should you visit the area again at some stage in the future may I kindly ask you to contact me directly so I can personally handle and oversee your requirements in an attempt to restore your confidence in the Hotel. Once again please accept my apologies for this isolated and regrettable incident.
Joost van Spengler

Travellers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

Felixstowe
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We could not fault the help and assistance that we were given from our first contact with the Events Co-ordinator to the time that we left on the Sunday after the Wedding celebrations . The staff helped the event to run exceptionally smoothly for the pre wedding drinks to the serving of our meal to cutting the cake and stting up for an evening of celebration . Courteous bar stafff helped to make a great day and we were not hurried out at the late hour of finnishing. So if you want to enjoy your daughter`s or son`s wedding I`d seriously recomend Brentwood Holiday Innand their team.

Room Tip: Rooms oawy from A12 are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear parents of the bride,
I am delighted to read your daughter’s wedding was such a great success. I very much appreciate your positive acknowledgement of our venue and indeed your praise for the service extended by my Team. We were delighted to host the wedding and I would like to thank you for having chosen the Holiday Inn Brentwood in the very first instance.
With my very best regards
england
Reviewed 24 April 2012

When we arrived booking a hotel room for 3 of us girls, going out to the famous Sugar Hut, they said we hadn't made the booking for 3 and suddenly doubled the price, but after my friend got quite angry, they miraculously just changed the price again to the original?!!

The breakfast buffett is extremely overpriced!!! £15 a head and that doesnt even include hot chocolate, which you have to pay EXTRA for. The food was nice, but there is no way a small bowl of packet cereal and 2 eggs on toast is worth £15. Ridiculous.

However, parking is free, the staff are friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

There is security on the door at night to prevent groups of youths coming in at all hours.

The sofa bed was comfortable and they provided us robes on request.

I would stay here again, but I would double confirm the price in WRITING and pack my own breakfast. Also no herbal teas in rooms, so take your own.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest
Thank you for selecting to stay at the Holiday Inn Brentwood. Having been able to investigate the issue surrounding your reservation it appears that the discrepancy on your rate was caused by an administrational error. We will always honour the room rate anyone books with us and I am glad this was resolved at an early stage. I am delighted you otherwise enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and our rooms to be clean and comfortable.
Kind regards
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Oh my days, what can I say - my husband and I booked to stay here for one night, as we drove down to see family who live in the area and there was not enough room in their house so we voluntered to stay here, when arrived we where greeted by a red carpet with a group of youths drinking and smoking in the door way we navigated past them to the entrance - then when were greeted by the smell it was just unbearable, we were given our room card to a room on the ground floor overlooking the car park, on arrival into the room the smell was just horrific it was a damp, musty smell we never even put our bags down we left and slept on the floor at my family members house anything but stay there..
We did complain when we got home - but, never had a response back..

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
jvs_12, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Donna
Whilst I am naturally very sorry your arrival experience at the Hotel was not to the Hotels’ usual high standards I must express my disappointment that you only post your review now, some 8 MONTHS LATER! It is impossible to either investigate or comment on your experience at this late stage. Please note that today we certainly have no rooms in the hotel that smell of damp. In regards to other visitors to the Hotel smoking outside I would like to reassure you we will always try to minimise the disruption this causes to any one else visiting the hotel by asking smokers to move away from the immediate hotel entrance.
Kind regards
England
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here with some friends after a night out at the sugat hut. It was fine for what we required however I wouldn't suggest staying here if you want a good nights sleep as its full of youngsters and so quite noisy! It seemed quite expensive too as we didn't even get breakfast included for the price of £90 for one night!

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Basildon
Holiday Inn Basildon
#5 of 7 in Basildon

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!