“Modern and up to date,shame the staff are not the same.”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friends for v festival. The rooms were clean, beds a bit solid but ok for the night. Not saying the staff were not friendly but they had no idea about service. Starbucks was not a starbucks, staff need training properly and breakfast was freezing cold, Not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear Cat W,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. However, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the way to V festival - arriving late. For £95 the value was "OK" - albeit sometimes you can land Crowne Plazas for this price. Key issue though was the receptionist. She didn't say anything rude - but her manner was incredibly officious, rude and soaked in superiority. I don't think this is a reflection of her personal qualities but rather extremely poor training. Also they demanded a credit card swipe even though I am a platinum card holder and holiday inns across the country don't usually require this.

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Barney2eyes,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 August 2013

me and my partner stayed here on my partners birthday.
an ideal location for sugar hut village only 3 mindrive which was amazing.
i must say the manager on duty called pritam and zaan from receptionwent out of the wayto help me withthe room allocation which was booked by my friend as an anniversary gift.
The guys sorted out and quickly and very professionally.
wish to come again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pras_87
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went to the Dirty Dancing Tribute Night at The Holiday Inn, Brentwood, Essex. It was a brilliant evening and we really enjoyed it, the gentleman who was running the show was called Pritam and he could not have been more pleasant. Barman Martin was fantastic, efficient and friendly even though we could see he was run off his feet at times. All the staff we came into contact with were welcoming and made the whole experience a very pleasant evening.

The public areas we were in (including the loos) were clean and well presented and there was plenty of room in the car park. Based on this, we have booked for some friends and family to stay there later in the year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank white_fairy_barbara
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were visiting various friends near this hotel so it was an ideal base. On arrival having read previous reviews stating that at weekends there were people on hen nights we asked for a quiet room. The room we were given was at the end of a corridor so no one had to pass it, there was a lot on hen nights staying but we were not disturbed. The room was clean and the beds comfy, the only criticism was that the toiletries were not replenished each day. The reception staff were efficient and friendly especially when having to explain why the fire alarm went off at midnight one night! We had breakfast included and this had a good choice of hot and cold and again the staff were friendly and efficient. The only other complaint is that the smoking area is outside the main entrance and sometimes you have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get into the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank riverview00
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business.

Rooms were cleaned and made everyday.

There is a gym available although nothing special and quite small!

The restaurant food was excellent! Very good!

Location... On top of M25 without hearing it from your room!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MissMyers82
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a conference. My room was spotless and most importantly the shower was fabulous!!!

Things that are important to me are comfy bed, good pillows, great shower, air con and the ability to open the window, this room ticked all the boxes!!

There was wifi (paid for) and there was a fridge in the room, but no mini bar which was a shame! We had food provided by the hotel and it was very good, from the bacon rolls when we arrived at the conference to the buffet lunch and dinner.in the evening. I was most impressed with the mini chicken pies we had at the evening buffet, they were fantastic. Breakfast was good as well, with lots of options including DIY pancakes which was an experience, we accidentally pressed the button too many times and ended up with half a dozen!!

All the staff I met were helpful and friendly and checked if everything was ok..

I was worried about it being noisy as a lot of reviews have reported that problem, but I didn't hear anything!

The only negative point for me being a non smoker is that the main smoking area seemed to be right outside the main front door, so every time I went outside it was through clouds of smoke, which wasn't very nice. :(

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and the room was fine for me.