“Some of the best value for money ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Brentwood

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
østfol
“Some of the best value for money ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here one night with my daughter. Friendly welcome, helpful staff, nice and clean room, Good beds. Hotel staff helped me to get in contact by phone, as my mobil phone didn't work in that area (might be caused by my Norwegian operators UK co-partner). Breakfast excellent, with eggs,bacon,beans,toast,jam.ham....included in room price!
The swimming pool was lovely, and the jacouzzy even better. The picture of the pool don't tell the truth - it is FAR more better than the picture. We really enjoyed the stay. A bit negative was the WiFi charge, and the noise from the motorway nearby.

For a bargain, less than £100 a night, I found Holiday Inn Brentwood, for excellent. I will absolut stay here again even if it is a bit away from central London.

Room Tip: book a room opposite to the Motorway if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Cwmbran, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here on buisness, Monday to Friday on several weeks through May, June, July and August 2013.

Located just off junction 28 of the M25, it's ideal for most locations in Essex and East London although the M25 get's very busy at peak times.Large car park which is well lit. Reception area is very welcoming and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Check in is fast and simple. One side of the hotel is facing the busy A12 so I always requested one of the even number rooms which are on the quieter car park side. There is also an extension which doesn't seem as well built as the main building and sound carries more.

Rooms are a little above avarage for this type of hotel and generally clean. A few cobwebs and dusty corners were found during my various stays though. The usual dressing table with draws, mirror, table lamp, chair and large flat screen HD tv (the pay per view movies are expensive). A separate chair and small table in the corner of the room and two bedside cabinets. A wardrobe near the door with small fridge which you can use to store drinks (no charge), tea and coffe making facilities and usually a trouser press, although some rooms were missing the fridge or trouser press. A large very comfortable bed gave a good night's sleep.

The shower/bathroom was kept spotlessly clean and towels were changed every day, if required. A good shower curtain, floor towel and non slip bath mat were very useful. Heated towel rail in some rooms but not others.

The bar is ok but drinks aren't the cheapest (£8 for a glass of wine £3.50-£4 for pints). Lounge wifi access was available but full wifi was chargeable. Food in the resteraunt was very expensive for the portion sizes. The curries are great, especially the curry buffet, and the carvery were best value for money. I had a sirloin steak once but it was very poor quality. A colleague returned his twice. The staff are very helpfull and polite but sometimes took too long to serve the food or drinks.

I required early breakfast (4-5am) which they did on request. However, you could only get cereal, toast, fruit juice, and sometimes fresh fruit, yoghurt and pancakes. No full english at that time of the day. Sometimes you had to wait for the lights to be turned on!

There is a health club which is free to access if you are a resident. A small gym with several running machines, cycles, 2 cross trainers and 1 rower. Some of the machines are held together with tape! Several weight training machines and some free weights with benches. A small swimming pool, spa, steam room and sauna in the changing rooms. Towels and lockers are provided, staff are friendly and will give advice if requested.

All in all, I probably would not stay here if I was paying with my own money. I am sure I could find something much better for the price or much cheaper with the same level of facilities.

Room Tip: Even rooms are on the quiter car park side. Rooms in the extension are also a little noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here for the first time in a couple of years on business.

Previous experiences was that it was a typically average Holiday Inn but with really dreadful staff and customer service.

Nothing has changed in two years in sorry to say plus the photos of the bedrooms on this site dont look anything like the executive room I was in, so I assume they must have done one room up to get some good photos and lull people into thinking they are all like that. Ancient furniture, lumpy mattresses, bathrooms that need ripped out and replaced from scratch, mixer taps that dont mix and just scald you instead.

Now on to the staff - wrong room service order supplied even though it was confirmed back to me over the phone as correct, no requested newspaper delivered, staff ignoring a queue of people waiting to check in - even another staff member actually doing some work was giving a lazy member a look as she stood doing nothing behind reception, it still didnt make her actually serve someone, clearly this lady with glasses thinks she is better than the rest and doesnt need to actually do any work

Even though they got the room service order wrong the food wasnt even very nice when they eventually brought the right order over 1 hr after I ordered, so slow and not nice.

But as I say nothing has changed, maybe it will if i return in another two years

The only good point is the location and plenty of free parking, its ok for one night but for anymore id go somewhere better

Room Tip: The hotel is very long so if you dont want a long walk check your room is at the reception end befor...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear jase_2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friends for v festival. The rooms were clean, beds a bit solid but ok for the night. Not saying the staff were not friendly but they had no idea about service. Starbucks was not a starbucks, staff need training properly and breakfast was freezing cold, Not worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Cat W,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you have noticed the cleanliness of our rooms. However, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Barney2eyes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the way to V festival - arriving late. For £95 the value was "OK" - albeit sometimes you can land Crowne Plazas for this price. Key issue though was the receptionist. She didn't say anything rude - but her manner was incredibly officious, rude and soaked in superiority. I don't think this is a reflection of her personal qualities but rather extremely poor training. Also they demanded a credit card swipe even though I am a platinum card holder and holiday inns across the country don't usually require this.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Dear Barney2eyes,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

me and my partner stayed here on my partners birthday.
an ideal location for sugar hut village only 3 mindrive which was amazing.
i must say the manager on duty called pritam and zaan from receptionwent out of the wayto help me withthe room allocation which was booked by my friend as an anniversary gift.
The guys sorted out and quickly and very professionally.
wish to come again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pras_87
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We went to the Dirty Dancing Tribute Night at The Holiday Inn, Brentwood, Essex. It was a brilliant evening and we really enjoyed it, the gentleman who was running the show was called Pritam and he could not have been more pleasant. Barman Martin was fantastic, efficient and friendly even though we could see he was run off his feet at times. All the staff we came into contact with were welcoming and made the whole experience a very pleasant evening.

The public areas we were in (including the loos) were clean and well presented and there was plenty of room in the car park. Based on this, we have booked for some friends and family to stay there later in the year.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank white_fairy_barbara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Orsett
BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel
BEST WESTERN Ivy Hill Hotel
#3 of 13 in Chelmsford

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!