“Wonderful weekend!”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Last weekend, I celebrated a landmark birthday here and was delighted. Guests ranging from 8 months to 85 years all had a great time. Buffet food was delicious and plentiful - if I'd known how generous the portion sizes were, I would have ordered less! Due to the overrunning of an afternoon function, my daughter was very late getting into the function room to decorate. However, the staff were brilliant - and pitched in to ensure it was all done in a very short time.
Nearly thirty guests stayed over helping us to make more of a weekend of it. We enjoyed a swim and were able to relax together in the spacious reception/ bar area. We are still hearing how much different guests enjoyed it all. So glad we chose the Holiday Inn.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed for almost 2 weeks in this hotel. Not only I get very bad service from the hotel staffs, they are reluctant to change my room nearer to the lift although I have asked several times and they kept saying to check again the next day.

They do not entertain my request to have my clean clothes to be delivered back to my room. Instead, they asked me to collect my laundry from the front desk and I have walk all the way from my room to front desk. The staff are just too LAZY and do not bother to entertain the guest.

Considering that I am staying for such a long period and a member of their loyalty customer, this is definitely a very bad treatment that I am experiencing.

I filed the complaint via their FB website, the only reply I get is that they will look into this. Even the hotel is not sincere enough to resolve this matter.

Definitely the worst hotel I had stayed.

Room Tip: I will not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mskong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear mskong,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience and service issues you have encountered during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service especially to our loyal members and we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

As a loyal member, your support and patronage to our hotel are very important. As such, your comments will be reviewed and will be used to consider updates where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here with work (we have preferred rate). The hotel is pretty average. The reception is bright n airy and the staff very helpful. Didn't use the bar so can't comment. The room I had was a disabled one so very big and HUGE bathroom. Not really anything can say about the room it's basic but comfy bed and clean. Wifi is available but it's expensive you can however have 2 connections. Room service available and as I had to do some 'homework' took this option. £3 tray charge for delivery and the menu while expensive probably pretty average for a hotel. However the food was excellent - omelette with salad and a portion on wedges. Yum yum. Nice glass of wine but over 7 quid for a large is pretty steep. Usual tea n coffee in the room and if you like a biccy with your tea you'll need to bring your own. Using the gym in the morning and despite it being small looks ok amount of kit. Not used it but also a pool & steam room. Ample parking, just off the M25 and a walk or short taxi ride to the centre.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Mrs_D01,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn Brentwood.

May I say how pleased I am that the accommodation met your needs in it's comfort and cleanliness, and that you found the food orderd via Room Service to be "excellent".

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again when in the area on business.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Lockwood

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I booked a meeting for over 50 people here last week and cannot fault the service, friendliness and quality of the food. Nothing was to much trouble and Caroline and Glen were popping in all day to make sure that everything was going as planned. Cannot speak highly enough of the lovely staff here.

Room Tip: didnt sleep over
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank megjolie
HotelTeamBrentwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn that your meeting here at Holiday Inn Brentwood went well. Thank you most sincerely for your compliments regarding the service, friendliness and quality of food. Such feedback is always gratefully received and most encouraging for the whole team. I hope that we are able to host an event for you again in the future.

Yours sincerely, Phil Lockwood, General Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Not bad for a Holiday Inn! Great food and service. The rooms are a bit outdated but compared to the Holiday Inns in the US, definitely better (on the service side for sure). Walking distance to all the restaurants, pubs, and shops in Brentwood proper. Give it a shot.

• Stayed: August 2013
HotelTeamBrentwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time review your stay here at Holiday Inn Brentwood. I am delighted that you were pleased with the food and service provided by the team here and will be sure to pass this on to them. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Lockwood, General Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for 2 days here and had no trouble at all. Very clean and reasonably priced by UK standards. Very spacious and good sized bathroom. The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variety. My only complaint was the bed wasn't very soft.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Our family held a large family party at this hotel and overall the hotel did pretty well providing a good service over the weekend we stayed at this hotel. Reception staff were excellent and always helpful over the weekend. The rooms were good enough, clean comfortable. Breakfast was a bit of a shambles in terms of being seated and getting some tea and toast;however, the staff did their very best in a very busy environment, the food was ok too. Overall, we were pleased with the hotel and would use it again for any future family gatherings.

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Simon M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Thank you again for the positive feedback feedback, we are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay in Brentwood.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Gidea Park Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
#3 of 6 in Romford
Travelodge London Romford

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!