“As expected and a happy customer” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Brentwood

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Essex
“As expected and a happy customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This hotel is a run of the mill mid priced hotel that offers everything you would expect for the price you pay.

Check in was very quick and the girl on reception was very attentive and friendly

Rooms - are of a good standard with all amenities including TV, desk area, iron and ironing board, drinks tray and plenty of wardrobe space. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of space around to move about freely

Bathroom - was well appointed and basic with everything that was needed. This was clean and bright

Breakfast - was excellent with a very wide choice from a buffet service including make your own pancakes. The food was all fresh but there tea and coffee was a bit to be desired.

Check out - was again very quick and efficient with a friendly service

All round a very good hotel. I would recommend staying and would go again, just dont know what some people expect for the price you pay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I recently stopped at this hotel as they were advertising Costa coffee. I had a green tea and a packet of ginger snap biscuits. They charged £3.05 for the tea and £1.50 for the biscuits. The following day I visited Costa in Hornchurch, Essex and ordered exactly the same. The green tea was £1.75 and the biscuits £1.15! The Holiday Inn should be avoided like the plague charging these prices. That is day light robbery.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HeatherP200261
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear HeatherP200261,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. It is unfortunate the pricing structure of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times and always had a pleasant stay. The rooms are clean and a good size. Can get very busy at w/e which only adds to the atmosphere. Good location for Brentwood centre and London City

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Egham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here the evening before my Hubby Ran a 1/2 marathon in North Weald Park
Rooms clean and spacious
The staff were all very helpful , and came to the rescue when I realised I hadn't packed tooth paste aghhhh :)
The Waiting staff in the dining room were really nice , and gave us a couple of recommendations for lunch , one of which turned out to be perfect (THANKYOU )
Would defo stay here again if in that neck of the woods

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thundersley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Last weekend, I celebrated a landmark birthday here and was delighted. Guests ranging from 8 months to 85 years all had a great time. Buffet food was delicious and plentiful - if I'd known how generous the portion sizes were, I would have ordered less! Due to the overrunning of an afternoon function, my daughter was very late getting into the function room to decorate. However, the staff were brilliant - and pitched in to ensure it was all done in a very short time.
Nearly thirty guests stayed over helping us to make more of a weekend of it. We enjoyed a swim and were able to relax together in the spacious reception/ bar area. We are still hearing how much different guests enjoyed it all. So glad we chose the Holiday Inn.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed for almost 2 weeks in this hotel. Not only I get very bad service from the hotel staffs, they are reluctant to change my room nearer to the lift although I have asked several times and they kept saying to check again the next day.

They do not entertain my request to have my clean clothes to be delivered back to my room. Instead, they asked me to collect my laundry from the front desk and I have walk all the way from my room to front desk. The staff are just too LAZY and do not bother to entertain the guest.

Considering that I am staying for such a long period and a member of their loyalty customer, this is definitely a very bad treatment that I am experiencing.

I filed the complaint via their FB website, the only reply I get is that they will look into this. Even the hotel is not sincere enough to resolve this matter.

Definitely the worst hotel I had stayed.

Room Tip: I will not recommend this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mskong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear mskong,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience and service issues you have encountered during your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service especially to our loyal members and we deeply regret that we have failed to deliver on this occasion.

As a loyal member, your support and patronage to our hotel are very important. As such, your comments will be reviewed and will be used to consider updates where possible. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sunderland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with work (we have preferred rate). The hotel is pretty average. The reception is bright n airy and the staff very helpful. Didn't use the bar so can't comment. The room I had was a disabled one so very big and HUGE bathroom. Not really anything can say about the room it's basic but comfy bed and clean. Wifi is available but it's expensive you can however have 2 connections. Room service available and as I had to do some 'homework' took this option. £3 tray charge for delivery and the menu while expensive probably pretty average for a hotel. However the food was excellent - omelette with salad and a portion on wedges. Yum yum. Nice glass of wine but over 7 quid for a large is pretty steep. Usual tea n coffee in the room and if you like a biccy with your tea you'll need to bring your own. Using the gym in the morning and despite it being small looks ok amount of kit. Not used it but also a pool & steam room. Ample parking, just off the M25 and a walk or short taxi ride to the centre.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Mrs_D01,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Holiday Inn Brentwood.

May I say how pleased I am that the accommodation met your needs in it's comfort and cleanliness, and that you found the food orderd via Room Service to be "excellent".

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again when in the area on business.

Yours sincerely,

Phil Lockwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Orsett
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!