“Pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Staff helpful and eager to please and room clean. Breakfast had plenty of choice but would of tasted better if not be on the hot tray too long. When ordering coffee in the lounge did take quite a while although was a good coffee. When charging for Wi Fi the costs should be up front, I only found out the high price when trying to register on to it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear HandKsmith,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Brentwood

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The staff were really knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. I was really pleased that we booked there. The taxi service was well organised and very efficient. The room was clean. The gym and pool was useful too. Thank you so much

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as we wanted to hit brentwood town and coming from Leigh-on-sea a taxi would be the same price as a hotel. So we all checked in to a room so we could all drink.
Rooms were nice a clean and the bed was very comfy.
Staff are friendly and helpful
Not to expensive either.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for night on business in local area, gob smacked over lack of free WiFi to start, this is 2014, this hotel smacks pound signs due to its location.

Hotel is dated in my opinion,ate in restaurant. In fairness steak was cooked to perfection. However the service really went downhill thereafter, asked for applestiser to drink. Advised don't have, 5 minutes later look bar list and guess what have britvic equivalent, when steak no offer any sauce ie Mayo/ketchup, so asked for wholegrain mustard, no only got English. Then asked by all 3 staff on duty if my food OK, to be asked once fine but 3 times grrr.

Breakfast not great. Sausages swimming in fat, scrambled egg looked dry mushrooms Luke warm.

Check out took good ten minutes due to my bill being incorrect, thankfully she didn't ask me to rate my stay like the other receptionist was out of 10 as likely to have said 2 at best.

Due yourself and your company if on business a favour and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Pedders39,

Ben J

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Firstly, I travel a lot so have high expectations as I know what quality is.
I usually look for a hotel with a gym and pool or I would just stay in a travel lodge. So paying the extra £20 / £30 for me makes the difference.

Check in was easy and the two girls were actually really friendly and made me feel at home straight away.

didn't eat there as I found a pub just outside called the bull which was number 3 on Tripadvisor for food (and was really nice by the way)

Some positives:
-Clean room
-Comfy Bed
-Nice pool and amazing views from the Jacuzzi of all the planes kris crossing to land and take off. I see 8 in the air very close to each other which was a first.
-Friendly staff

Some negatives
-I had to ask for my room upgrade even though I'm an IHG member with lots of points and had a previous complaint with Holiday Inn so was promised an automatic upgrade on my next stay. This was slightly embarrassing but made easier by the nice girls on the desk.
-The gym is tiny so if it were busy, you'd struggle to get anything done.
-Limited TV channels and some just didn't work at all.
-Poaches eggs in the morning overcooked and solid :-(

Would I stay again? Probably, but I'd look for others to before booking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Basurq,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. My apologies we were not able to exceed your expectations. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Was on my own had sirloin chips onion rings and a glass of wine SB
They charge £8.50 per large glass
Bit expensive
The other thing that annoys me about hotels was the wifi is not free
It was £5 for the first hour.
I just moved closer the window and used my 3G
Cheap room headline for the hook then when you're in they get the money off you

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DeclanFogarty
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear DeclanFogarty,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Dated, worn, chipped, a bit shabby, but who cares - cheery atmosphere, the staff are genuinely welcoming and helpful, everything works, pretty much, and the Hypnos beds are comfortable, a big plus. Slapdash housekeeping control - the room I was first allocated showed signs of recent occupation after having been cleaned. Rudimentary, boring bar with poor choice of beers. Predominantly male middle-management clientele. Very poor quality steak, I won't risk the dining room again. OK breakfast but mediocre coffee from harassed waitress rushing around with a vacuum jug. I'll save myself for the nearest Costa next time. £16 for wifi! - they take advantage of a captive audience. Free parking though.

Would use again if in the area but if they want me to upgrade them to 4 star they need to take a few leaves out of Accor's book: install a decent self service coffee machine - and change their beef supplier.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear John Gilmore,

Thank you for your valuable insights. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. It is lovely to read your kind words regarding our staff. I am sorry our hotel was not able to live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your comments regarding the housekeeping service and the food. Thank you for bringing these to our attention. We will address these with the proper department to improve the quality of product and service that we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
Travelodge Brentwood East Horndon
Gidea Park Hotel
Gidea Park Hotel
#3 of 6 in Romford

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!