“platinum member, why bother?”

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“platinum member, why bother?”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am writing this review after giving ihg rewards club and the hotel chance to explain and apologise. on check in I asked if they had any executive rooms available? I was told none available for upgrade tonight

I then said that the website was showing rooms for sale, I asked again, to be told no. the receptionist said the rooms were all the same..... I asked if there was a fridge?

I got to my room, ten min later the room attendant knocked the door and sarcastically asked if the room had a fridge!
then ten min later the receptionist called me and asked me if my room was ok!

I repeated that as a platinum member, and with rooms available I was due an upgrade, this was again refused but I offered 1000 points!

I reported this to ihg, who responded with a standard reply, I posted a review on the hotel site, but this was declined... I asked them for an explanation, but none forthcoming

such a shame because the bar staff could not be more friendly

I have 45 qualifying nights this year, but I am going to look at other hotel group loyality programmes, because this hotel could not careless

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear G4750HFRobert_A,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would very much like to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding some of the points that you have raised and your overall experience.

Please could you email me at brentwoodm25@ihg.com with your contact details and I will contact you.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We hire these facilities a LOT- the team here really look after us - everyone from Michelle who organises our bookings - The Manager ( I am so sorry I cannot remember his name ) - Caroline, Chris, Peter , Ian who all look after us and really can't do enough to assist us. Paul, June and Chris who take great care of us in the restaurant and the food is excellent - thank you Chef! From Jo and Steve.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Steve D,

Thank you so much for leaving this great feedback regarding our Conference & Events Team and also members of the Food & Beverage Team & Kitchen. They will each be so appreciative of your comments, and delighted that you enjoyed your experience here.

We look forward to accommodating your conference needs again in the future.

Holiday Inn Brentwood
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Brentwood for two nights, this week. Unfortunately, I was put in a ground floor room with an interconnecting door, facing the motorway!! I did express my dissatisfaction about this,( especially being a lone female, I do not like being put on the ground floor) but was informed that the hotel was fully booked. First night was not too bad. Second night, the person in the room next door had the loudest and foul mouthed conversation with friends, of which I could hear everything. It was as if they were in the same room.
I knocked on the interconnecting door and asked him to be a bit quieter , to have abuse shouted back at me. Not pleasant!
I called reception twice to ask to move rooms, only to be told, yet again, the hotel was fully booked. Eventually, reception, called his room, and he quietened down.
Altogether a very unpleasant guest experience. Breakfast, average! Reception promised to call me in the afternoon to resolve the situation. Guess what, no phone call!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear ACP991,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Brentwood.

I am very sorry to read that your sleep was disturbed by another guest. I understand that we did contact the guest who disturbed your sleep as soon as we were informed.

We were unable to contact you on the number provided on your booking. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your review and would be grateful if you could contact me on brentwoodm25@ihg.com with an appropriate number at your convenience.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused and I do hope that you will give me the opportunity to discuss your comments further.

Operations Manager

Travellers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm currently on day three of a thirteen day stay at the Holiday Inn in Brentwood training with my third Guide Dog.

The staff have been incredibly friendly and helpful at all times - stopping at nothing to ensure they deliver top quality service. Undoubtedly they have exceeded all expectations.

I stay in a huge amount of hotels across Europe - mostly in the UK and though I have stayed in some hotels with theoretically higher star ratings, I have never come across a hotel where service is as front and centre as here - so a huge thank you and I shall endeavour to write another review at the end of my stay if Tripadvisor allows.

Room Tip: Well, they say it's wise to pick even numbers if you can to ensure you are not facing the motorw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HotelTeamBrentwood, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear journowithdog,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback - before your stay is even over!

We are delighted to have been of service to Guide Dogs for the Blind for many years now. It is therefore really appreciated to hear that we are continuing to get it right and make your own stay welcoming and comfortable.

Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Brentwood and all the best with Guide Dog number 3.

Thank you on behalf of the whole team.

sincerely,

Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was very poor, less than you would expect for the prices paid, the menu also left a lot to desire. I think the standards of the hotel have greatly improved if you are there for a meeting, parking is plentiful my only problem with the hotel was the quality and standard of the food available.

1 Thank John G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear John G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bell Park
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Used the hotel as our UK base (visiting family) and was just right.
It has a definite business weekdays/party weekends split. However, we were not disturbed at all.
Pretty good gym/pool/spa attached and is free for hotel guests
Breakfast was great and there are various themed dinners, too.
Five star it ain't but it's perfectly acceptable, with clean well-serviced rooms.
Great attitude from the staff who were all very friendly.
The only negative comment I would make is that our room was a little warm and had no individual thermostat. Also, we did travel with kids and although they are probably not normal customers here, they did go out of their way to provide them with little treats.

Room Tip: Top floor furthest from the lifts will be the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Andrew Stanley C,

Thank you for leaving such kind feedback following your recent visit, in particular your comments regarding the great attitude of our team.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Willaston
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed one night on a business trip. Conveniently located with a large free car park. Reception staff friendly and efficient and keen to extend a welcome. Room was standard HI fare, clean and comfortable. (Range of TV channels seemed rather limited but maybe that was just my TV?). Bar area & restaurant a little too open and impersonal for my tastes. Also selection of drinks & knowledge of barman, although he was very pleasant and helpful, was surprisingly limited. Didn't have diner in restaurant but breakfast, which was buffet style, was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brentwood, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear SAHWillaston,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you liked our friendly hotel staff and comfortable room accommodation.

I am sorry to hear that our bar and restaurant services were not at par with your standards. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our hotel management to reconsider improvements where needed.

I hope we get to host you again next time you visit the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Orsett Hall
Orsett Hall
#1 of 1 in Orsett

Been to Holiday Inn Brentwood? Share your experiences!