We have stayed here many times, it is close to work and home, so for a change of scene for an overnight stay it is ideal for us.
I also must say that we have always had a Garden Room so can not comment on the others.
The rooms are far better than many 4/5 star hotels I have stayed in, clean, no wall paper pealing off, or mildew in the bathroom, which often seems acceptable even in high end hotels!
The rooms are split level so you go up a few steps to the bedroom and bathroom area, personally I like this as it makes the room feel more special and not just a box.
We have eaten in the restaurant a few times, the 1st time it far surpassed our expectations, we were expecting a nice meal, (knew nothing about the food here), but got fine dining, with mini soups and sorbets in between courses.
The food has always been excellent, the only tiny moan would be for them to change the menu a bit more often as we stayed twice in a 6wk period or so and the choices were the same.
Service is great and as another review said the staff also seem to stick around.
It is quite understated set back from the main road off of the M25, but was a very pleasant surprise and holds some great memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, HostelWorld and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex