New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Marygreen Manor Hotel

Marygreen Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
London, United Kingdom
“perfect wedding venue for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Ok, so planning a wedding is stressful and complicated my husband and I got married 15th August 2011.

Marrygreen Manor was fantastic, professional and helpful from the initial enquiry to after the wedding checking out after a lovely night at the hotel and breakfast. They helped with order of the day, drinks and food planning, music and everything you could think of. The package we had was incredibly reasonable but the planning and service on the day no less attentive. The staff were all amazing on the day and dealing with the endless queries we, and my parents who were a big help, had for weeks before. The day ran incredibly smoothly and everyone had a lovely day with thanks to their efforts - they are obviously very experienced with the whole wedding planning business.

The actual venue is beautiful, an old tudor hotel with great original features, old wooden beams etc and a lovely garden – all very photogenic and romantic. It was great having somewhere for guests to mingle about both inside and in the gardens. Lee and I spent the night of the wedding in one of their suites which had a living room area and four poster bed. The suite was also great for finishing off all the girly hair and makeup preparations before the wedding. Thank you so much to all the staff for their help. Rachel and Lee

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank rachtay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

My wife and I have now had three celebrations recently at the Manor including our Ruby Wedding all have been excellent. The organisations and care for every detail was well appreciated. We had a lovely meal in a beautifull setting.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

We did not stay overnight, but we used the hotel for a family celebration Sunday afternoon tea. As we were a party of 20, we were able to have sole use of the conservatory. The food was excellent quality and tea/coffee were plentiful. The hotel were happy to package the leftover cakes and scones into packages to take home. Staff were pleasant, attentive and helpful. Good value for £15.50 a head (especially compared to London prices at the top establishments). A very enjoyable Sunday afternoon!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank David_B-Billericay
Lichfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

After an efficient check in I went to my room which was one of the courtyard rooms overlooking the garden. Afternoon tea was being served in the conservatory, which looked good although I didn't indulge in one! The courtyard rooms are set around the garden which was well kept. The outside walkway to the bedrooms is undercover, but the canopy did make my room quite dark, even with the lights on. All of these rooms are single storey ground floor, which did nean that I couldn't have the window open at night, which could be a problem if it was a warm night. The room was clean with all of the usual supplies, although there was only one bedside table, not a huge problem, but it was the side I wanted to use, so a minor inconvenience. The bed was comfortable, although a little soft for my preference. I had a good night's sleep, although the hotel is on the main road, the rooms are at the back of the hotel so very quiet.

I found breakfast to be a little disappointing, although It is served in a beautiful old room. The food was of a reasonable standard with a small cold buffet and hot food cooked to order. I asked for soya milk, which they didn't have, and also wanted a low fat spread for my toast, which again they didn't have, only butter. The waitress couldn't understand the concept of wanting my tea after I had eaten, and despite telling her I would let her know when I was ready for it, she kept asking me if I she should bring it now, and eventually I gave up and let her bring it!

Overall my stay was satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We have just celebrated the 90th birthdays of my father and his twin sister at The Marygreen Manor Hotel. Everything from the time of making the reservation and the last guests leaving was so well organised we could not fault it at all. The co-operation of the hotel with the access to the room for decoration was excellent. We also liked the fact that we had access to the garden which is enclosed by some of the bedrooms. The grandchildren loved playing outside as we were lucky with the weather as well. My Mother, Father and some of the guests stayed over night and yet again had nothing but praise for the service and accommodation. (they had a disabled room which had a really lovely walk in shower). We will definitely go back to this hotel. PS: The food was excellent and presented & served beautifully.

Room Tip: Bedrooms around the garden are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean M
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

i have stayed at this hotel many times due to location and the quality compared to others in the area but this trip was such a dissapointment.....very noisy early morning, hard old worn towells and the seating area in the bar very uninviting.overall the rooms in need of some urgent attention....hotels saviour was thestaff very nice friendly and accomodating,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stacenc0lnm1kenezz0
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Anne of Cleaves room, peeling paint on walls, ceiling, skirting. Raw edges end of bath, silicone packing along sidebof bath done obviously by a 2 year old, an inch of silicone packing securing sink to pedestal - have. Look yourself and you' laugh. Toilet and sinks done get water if bath is running. Very poor quality room not worth any money at all. Music below at night makes room unlettable and in the end after much complaining duty manager did admit this and waived room fee. We had a mediocre breakfast from room service with no cups for the tea. On departure we paid for breakfast and showed numerous photos of the peeling paint, silicone run riot etc but the receptionist really was not bothered. Go and look at the room for yourself if you visit the hotel - it really is fawlty towers of Brentwood.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lexusking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Orsett Hall
Orsett Hall
#1 of 1 in Orsett

Been to Marygreen Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!