“Great time”

Marygreen Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Went for a friends wedding and stayed the night. Wedding was great, hotel lovely. Room in courtyard was lovely ( though starting to look in need of redecorating). Breakfast was fine and staff were all friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank yummiebunny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Having eaten at the restaurant on a few occasions we had always been pleased with the level of service, atmosphere and the quality of the food and were intrigued to find out what the bedrooms were like. So for our silver wedding anniversary I booked the Catherine of Aragon suite for a night. On our arrival we were warmly welcomed. Our suite was lovely, comfortable and clean. The 3 course meal included in our deal was probably the best we have ever had here with the usual excellent service and our breakfast was excellent with plenty of food. We would wholeheartedly recommend Marygreen Manor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenBromley_England
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel last night on a business trip. On arrival the reception staff were very helpful and very speedy with the check in. I arrived at my deluxe room (Room 2) and found my room to be of very high standards with all the facilities to meet my business needs. It was very warm on arrival so was very pleased to see a fan as well as air con in the room. The room was spacious, bright and very stylish. There was still water, tea making facilities and some fresh fruit in my room. The gardens were a real treat to sit in and have a nice cold beer or two after my train trip from Manchester. The waiting staff were always calling outside to the gardens to see if we needed another drink.

I did not have dinner in the restaurant but had a very tasty breakfast the following morning

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms that circle the gardens are fantastic
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kevin-clifton
Reviewed 2 August 2012

A very average hotel in terms of service & decor.

I stayed in a room on the courtyard area which could be lovely. The room room decor was in need of improvement - tatty - dirty walls and carpets - a makeover is needed !

After my work diary changing, I needed to extend my stay by one night and was unable to do so by contacting receptions/reservations within the hotel - they requested that I booked an extra night through Expedia which I found rather strange.

When I also stayed here, I had a broken hand that was in a cast - I was offered no help taking my bags to my rooms. One member of staff obviously let the door go when I was pulling my case to my room - there was no offer of help from anyone. I found this rather shocking given that its meant to be a 4 star hotel.

I didn't eat here so cannot comment on the food/menu.

Beware - I struggled to get a phone signal

I wouldn't stay again...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just returned from two nights at this hotel and had great comfort and service. The hotel is very nicely situated and the staff are first class. It has a lovely garden in the middle with kio carp in an attractive pond. The full English is exactly what is says with proper bacon and not turkey slices as in some establishments.Will return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I took my nan for afternoon tea at Marygreen manor as a treat for her 80th birthday and was very impressed! I chose marygreen manor as it was local and we didnt have the hassle of travelling to london. The selection of sandwiches and cakes were delicious and having been to the ritz a few weeks prior to my visit I can honestly say I thought Mary green manor was much better at a fraction of the price! The waiters were charming and very attentive. Would recommend and I will certainly be visiting again. Thank you for making my nans birthday a day to remember!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karla H
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My wife and I got married at the hotel and we often go back, each and every time we go we have a lovely relaxed and comfortable stay. The rooms are very well appointed which will suit both business and personal travellers - Very comfortable beds, lovely jacuzzi bath.

The restaurant was amazing as always - the best food in Brentwood!

Room Tip: Brampton Lodge Rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
8 mi away
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
Best Western Ivy Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Margaretting

Been to Marygreen Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!