We recently stayed at the Marygreen Manor hotel for an overnight stay, dinner and breakfast. Well it’s certainly different. The premises date back to the 13th century (although it has only been a hotel since 1968), so there is a wealth of history and character about the buildings. The restaurant itself is really rather magnificent, with many original timbers and artefacts. Apart from the main restaurant there is also a smaller bar area where afternoon teas etc. are served, a bar, a sitting room and a large function room. The hotel rooms are excellent, clean, modern and welcoming. For dinner we sampled the 6 course Tasting menu with paired wines. It included scallops, red mullet, squab pigeon, guinea fowl and beef. The food was good but not stunning as were the wines. However, it was excellent value for money. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, with brilliant sausages and other excellent fresh produce (and unlimited). The hotel clearly attracts a very mixed crowd of diners and hotel guests. There was a wedding in progress as we arrived and celebrity guests having breakfast on the Sunday. The Marygreen Manor has real character and certainly a huge dollop of Faulty Towers and The Only Way is Essex. We had a fabulous time and would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex