“Wedding Location and over-night stay”

Marygreen Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This location was selected by my Brother and his now wife. Ideal location for most of the guests, Historic Building dates back to 13th century, originally a prestigious timber- framed single residences. Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Lunch and Evening Buffet was very good and the staff were 1st Class. Accommodation was also very good along with the Breakfast the morning after

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I recently has my baby shower at Mary Green Manor, we hired a conference room and chose the afternoon tea for 40 guests. Management were so kind allowing my family and friends to decorate the room, tea was delicious especially the warm scones. Tea and coffee topped up at all times. The chef catered well for food allergies. A very special occasion with no concerns or hiccups. Thank you to all staff for helping to make my special afternoon one to remember.

Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Booked this hotel on-line and dinner for 4 in the Tudor Restaurant.
On arrival liked the large car park, reception was excellent and given our key to the room, Number 2, overlooking a very nice courtyard garden.. The room was very nice, good size and all the comforts that you would expect, perhaps 2 extra packets of biscuits would have been better than just two.
Our friend met us in the lounge for drinks at 7.30, staff were very efficient and attentive. We had enough time after ordering dinner for another G & T and then went into the restaurant. The table was very nice, a large round table in a corner, which I requested on booking. The food was delightful, a lovely combination amuse-bouche was presented and stated the dinner off wonderfully, the course that followed were beautifully cooked, my compliments to the chef !
We had coffee and brandies in the lounge, again served without any problems and a large plate of petite fours accompanied this, not just 4 or 5 on a plate, 5 different ones and 4 of each. . . wonderful !
Great staff, great food and would most certainly stay again. . . oops forgot breakfast, , both had a full English, fried eggs cooked perfectly and other ingredients well sourced and delicious.
The English when cooking well can certainly beat the French !

Room Tip: I should imagine that most rooms are as good as no.2
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We first came here 10 years ago for our honeymoon. I am always cautious of returning somewhere in case it fails to live up to expectations but Marygreen Manor was lovely. Plenty of history in every room of the main hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have a garden room choose one on the opposite side to the function room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We had a meal for my daughters 21st birthday there was 23 of us. Everything ran smoothly. The staff were friendly and the service was exceptional. Food was lovely and they made my daughters birthday go really well. Many thanks to everyone at Mary Green Manor.

1  Thank Dan4sue
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I booked a room for 2 on 4/4/13. I had a relationship breakdown so would not be wanting the room so I rang to cancel on 12/4/13 only to be told that as I prepaid £113.20 I would not be entitled to ANY refund of the money I have paid. The room was booked for 1 night on 19/7/13 so they would have had plenty of time to rebook the room. I feel this is very unfair and greedy. Some of that money was for breakfast, how can they justify keeping that money? It's not as if my booking of breakfast has lost them the opportunity of selling other breafasts is it? They having ordered my food in yet have they? Watch out, do not book unless you are prepared to gamble on life treating you well, we never know what is around the corner and some things in life cannot be forseen and this hotel cashes in on it. They kindly offered me the opportunity to cancel but not have any money back so they could double up on their takings - I reclined!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marcia R
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This is the second visit to the restaurant at Marygreen Manor Hotel. On both occasions we had the set lunch menu and, on both occasions were pleased with the meal. Our last visit was on the 5th April and most of our party had the Lamb - it was delicious. The mushroom soup starter was also very good as well as the banana pudding desert. In all it was a good experience.

The waiting staff were also very good and I do like the Tudor decor.

The only slight criticism that I have is that the vegetables were a little too under done for me. I understand from one of our party, who likes it that way, that you can ask for your veg to be cooked more. Can I suggest that the waiter, when he takes your order, explains the way the Veg are served in Marygreen and that you have an option of having them cooked longer.

Otherwise I would recommend Marygreen for lunch - good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
De Rougemont Manor
21 mi away
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay

Been to Marygreen Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!