There's a lot to like about this hotel - lots of appears to be tudor so it's fairly attractive. My room
(35, aka Catherine Howard) was just lovely, in the attic of the main building and a symphony of tudor beams and wonky floors. Certainly no problems with hot water, and a lumpy but acceptably comfortable bed. Fresh fruit and water in the rooms was very welcome.
Didn't try the food in the restaurant (it looked very expensive considering the menu) but the food in the bar is excellent, if a bit mingy on the portion size - chips were particularly good. There is a Harvester opposite, but that is best avoided like all of its breed. One real ale (not good) in the bar but otherwise homely and comfortable.
My room was excellent value, and included a continental breakfast. The cooked breakfast was an extra £2 and is definitely worth the money - good ingredients and very fresh eggs. Brentwood is unremittingly ghastly, but the hotel is very close to the M25/A12 junction and so could be very useful for long journeys.
So why the loss of the fifth star? Checkout was a nightmare - two staff working at peak time, neither of whom had any English or knew anything about the IT system. It took me 12 minutes to check out, once I had got to the end of the eight-person queue, and I was late for my meeting. It's a shame, because a little training would have got them an 'excellent' rating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marygreen Manor Hotel is a fine example of early sixteenth-century architecture in Brentwood, Essex. Beautifully presented and centrally located, just minutes from M25/J28, with easy access to London & the Home Counties. Our Tudor Manor House offers a variety of accommodation from Luxurious 4 Poster Tudor Suites to our Delightful Courtyard Garden Rooms. Marygreen Manor is also home to the 2AA Rosette Tudors Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, SpeedyBooker.com and Odigeo so you can book your Marygreen Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marygreen Manor Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor Hotel Brentwood, Essex