“Total Rip Off”

Ranked #13 of 165 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian food created by an Italian family, very few family run restaurants these days. Offering an authentic Italian feel with live music on a weekend.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Food dried up being cooked and heated before serving Olives put in front of you £2-50 whether
you want them or not. No sauces on food very bland . £21 for white wine you would not poor on
your Fish and Chips (wish we had gone to a chippy in first place) In the Rest.. for 50 minutes Bill was £89 Rip Off

4  Thank 502Canoeman

Reviewed 1 July 2014

always busy, always welcoming and friendly, staff seem to genuinely enjoy being there. very good atmosphere, ideal place for celebrations or just to have a meal.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We went last night Friday. Squid was tasteless. Ordered sea bass complained to waiter as skin soggy mash potatoes unedibale no taste lumpy no seasoning . No sauce all in all overpriced no customer service left unhappy no adjustment to the bill would never go back better places in Brentwood to eat

4  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Went to Tarantinos for a meal with 3 other members of my family at the end of May and I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I personally chose the lasagne and it was a bit tasteless. The rest of my group chose the pizza/fish options. My daughters did enjoy the dessert. The bill came to just under £100 - again not cheap for average fare. The service was OK with one niggle- the staff had a habit of leaning over us onto the table to serve the drinks from the bar- instead of bringing them to the table.

Tarantino H, Owner at Tarantino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us in May. As part of our aim to provide customer satisfaction, the waiter, waitress or manager always attends each table when they are a few minutes into their main course in order to check everything is to our guests satisfaction. We do this so that we can rectify any problems and try to resolve them at that time. Had you brought any issues to our attention on the evening you dined with us we would have done our upmost to solve them. We pride ourselves on providing good service and are very disappointed that you were unhappy on this occasion. We serve hundreds of portions of Lasagne each week and have never had any complaints about it, we are sorry it was not to your taste.
We do take all reviews seriously and all of the staff have been made aware of the comments you have made.
Kindest regards
Tarantino

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went for a birthday celebration for my daughter and booked a table for six. Arrived to find everything sorted and ready (even although I was a bit late). From the minute we walked through the door we were looked after by the superb staff who showed just the right amount of attention and made the evening flow really smoothly. Found the food to be of a very high quality and very well cooked and presented. Everyone enjoyed themselves and their food and there were no adverse comments from anyone in my party. The manager was superb and made a real effort to make the night special. I really cannot think of anything negative to say and I shall certainly be back in the near future.