“Great restaurant”

A La Turka
Ranked #40 of 171 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: WHO WE ARE We serve Turkish-Mediterranean dining with an avant-garde edge provided by seasonal ingredients. Our Chefs combine traditional Anatolian cooking methods with A La Turka Brentwood’s signature prep, presentation and searing programme, making for a unique taste and dining experience. WHY CHOOSE US Our Chefs source fresh produce every morning from local London markets, making for an ever-changing variety of vibrant ingredients in our kitchen. From clay-grilled lamb We are the only restaurant in Brentwood to bring you the very best of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisines together.Located on the busy Brentwood high street, we are proud of serving freshly prepared meze, fish and meat dishes.Our warm and friendly staff is on hand to help you choose our delicious dishes, leaving you to relax and enjoy your days or eveningsWe'd like to offer a huge thank you for the support you have shown in such short time since we have opened and look forward to having you back again and again...
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I visited A La Turka today for lunch with my husband and young son. We hadn't booked but they fitted us in even though they were extremely busy. Food was delicious and tasted very fresh. Atmosphere was great and the decor in the restaurant is really nice. Staff were extremely friendly and very sweet with my son. Lovely meal, lovely staff. Recommend.

3  Thank Loulou441

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went to A La Turka on Sunday afternoon which we booked with the Groupon voucher. The restaurant was not full but there were a fair few people for a Sunday afternoon. I loved the feel of the place and the waiters seemed nice enough. They knew we had purchased a groupon voucher when we arrived but still produced the menu and left us to it, it was only when asking what we could pick that we realised that we couldn't and that the groupon voucher was for set dishes...this didn't bother me but I was a bit miffed as to why they would give us the menu, knowing we couldn't pick anything from it with our voucher. The waiter then explained that what we would recieve was a mixture of hot and cold starters and if we wanted we could order a main meal too. I think for groupon voucher holders they should probably explain the deal as soon as they customer sits down and explain that if they would like a main course they can order this on top as it isn't clear what is included.

They brought over 2 plates of dips and a basket of bread. I loved trying all the different dips as I would normally only stick to the things I know, they also supplied a decent amount of bread so even after this we were both feeling satisfied. They then brought over a plate of hot starters which consisted of halloumi cheese, falafal, spicy sausage and a cheese filo straw, all of which were very tasty. For dessert they brough over some baklava which was delsicious.

Had we gone out for a proper evening meal and not just lunch we would have probably had a main course too because both myself and my fiance saw many things that we would like to try but we were just far too full to even consider it. We will definitely be making a return visit to try out the mains and I have very high hopes for it.

Looking forward to coming back :-)

1  Thank Hollibobbles
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I would not recommend using groupon voucher at A la Turka .I bought a voucher for four people,it stated that we will get 16 mezes. But we received 8 dishes of dips and a plate with 4 falafels and 4 cheese sticks.We were rather disappointed .it was not 16 dishes as mentioned in the voucher.I would not advised anyone to buy this voucher.Cost for extra dishes are very expensive for a Turkish restaurant.i

2  Thank 54paula54
Reviewed 21 August 2013

i love this restaurant.i`ve been there many times and the experience is always great.the selection of dishes they have is delicious and the meze plates are a generous size.the turkish wine they serve is also of a realy impressive standart the atmosphere is always gives you a really contented feel-the lamps the cover the ceiling and paintings and photos that cover the walls make it feel like a family run taverna hidden away on a side street in istanbul.lovely!the staff are always really happy,friendly and helpful which only serves to make the brilliant experience even better.

2  Thank naydine f
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went there on a Saturday evening with my friend, the restaurant was very busy, I had falafel for starter and for my main I had a meat musakka which was delicious.The service was good and we also enjoyed a bottle of Prosecco. We were very happy with everything and we will definitely go back and recommend it to all my friends

2  Thank liliiii23