“Very small restaurant”

A La Turka
Ranked #44 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are the only restaurant in Brentwood to bring you the very best of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisines together.Located on the busy Brentwood high street, we are proud of serving freshly prepared meze, fish and meat dishes.Our warm and friendly staff is on hand to help you choose our delicious dishes, leaving you to relax and enjoy your days or eveningsWe'd like to offer a huge thank you for the support you have shown in such short time since we have opened and look forward to having you back again and again...
Essex
“Very small restaurant”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The only Turkish restaurant in Brentwood is tiny and they manage to pack in lots of tables.
I fully understand the need to seat as many as possible but our table for two could barely hold two plates and glass.
The staff were friendly but as it wasn't busy it would have been nice to have been offered to sit on a bigger table.
The food is good but sadly a little bland for our taste. It was also a little expensive but that's true of most restaurants in Brentwood.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Popped in for a quick Sunday Lunch...stayed all afternoon!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Recently tried this restraunt for the first time. Took my wife and 2 yo daughter and had a lovely time.

Service was a little slow but the food was great and the waitress always friendly.

I would recommend this as somewhere to try for a relaxing lunch or evening out.

Hockley. Essex
“Nice but very Expensive”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We went to this restaurant as it's the only Turkish one we could find in our area (Southeast Essex). Atmosphere Good, Staff Extremely Friendly, Very Clean. The Food was very Nice, all be it small (ish) portions. The dessert: Baklava consisted of only 3 (Three) pieces which were approximately 30mm square with some Squirty Cream and cost over £4. per portion, in most Turkish eating houses you get a Lot more Baklava for your money, at least 5 pieces and in some 6 pieces.
We only give it 3 Stars as we are of the opinion that it should either give larger portions of all courses or lower their prices, May I suggest that the Rice is not served as though it had been warmed up in the microwave and that it should have some Flavour

Would we visit this place again, only if we were extremely hungry.
The same meal in North London, with bigger portions would cost a lot less £'s

London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I visited A La Turka today for lunch with my husband and young son. We hadn't booked but they fitted us in even though they were extremely busy. Food was delicious and tasted very fresh. Atmosphere was great and the decor in the restaurant is really nice. Staff were extremely friendly and very sweet with my son. Lovely meal, lovely staff. Recommend.

3 Thank Loulou441
Essex
“Look forward to a return visit...”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went to A La Turka on Sunday afternoon which we booked with the Groupon voucher. The restaurant was not full but there were a fair few people for a Sunday afternoon. I loved the feel of the place and the waiters seemed nice enough. They knew we had purchased a groupon voucher when we arrived but still produced the menu and left us to it, it was only when asking what we could pick that we realised that we couldn't and that the groupon voucher was for set dishes...this didn't bother me but I was a bit miffed as to why they would give us the menu, knowing we couldn't pick anything from it with our voucher. The waiter then explained that what we would recieve was a mixture of hot and cold starters and if we wanted we could order a main meal too. I think for groupon voucher holders they should probably explain the deal as soon as they customer sits down and explain that if they would like a main course they can order this on top as it isn't clear what is included.

They brought over 2 plates of dips and a basket of bread. I loved trying all the different dips as I would normally only stick to the things I know, they also supplied a decent amount of bread so even after this we were both feeling satisfied. They then brought over a plate of hot starters which consisted of halloumi cheese, falafal, spicy sausage and a cheese filo straw, all of which were very tasty. For dessert they brough over some baklava which was delsicious.

Had we gone out for a proper evening meal and not just lunch we would have probably had a main course too because both myself and my fiance saw many things that we would like to try but we were just far too full to even consider it. We will definitely be making a return visit to try out the mains and I have very high hopes for it.

Looking forward to coming back :-)

• Visited August 2013