“Great little spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of A La Turka

A La Turka
Ranked #38 of 157 Restaurants in Brentwood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are the only restaurant in Brentwood to bring you the very best of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisines together.Located on the busy Brentwood high street, we are proud of serving freshly prepared meze, fish and meat dishes.Our warm and friendly staff is on hand to help you choose our delicious dishes, leaving you to relax and enjoy your days or eveningsWe'd like to offer a huge thank you for the support you have shown in such short time since we have opened and look forward to having you back again and again...
Datchet, United Kingdom
“Great little spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I went here for a mid week meal, so the restaurant was fairly quiet. That said it's small inside and beautifully decorated so it felt really cosy. It seems to be a family run restaurant and the service was very good. The food arrived in good time and was delicious. The lamb was very tender and the Greek salad and prawns delicious (it's hard to get a tasty Greek salad in the UK).
It was a little more expensive than I was expecting but then they do seem to take care with their food, using good quality ingredients and cooking it just right so it's worth it.
I'll visit again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Wanderlust7474

London
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I try to like this restaurant as I love Turkish food and there is nowhere else like it in town. The decor is nice and feels right and the food is mostly great although my wife went recently and found her dish much too salty. When I last went they had run out of hummus, which makes me think that they don't make their own......

Visited January 2014
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited A La Turka with my husband and children during Bank Holiday weekend at the beginning of May. We all had delicious meals and service was very pleasant as always. At least once a month we all come here for a family feast and in a meantime I bring my friends or just my husband for a romantic meal. The atmosphere is so lovely and it makes us feel like we are on holiday in Turkey :-) We are so looking forward to dining here again one Friday this month watching belly dancers and Trevor Newman performing live. How exciting is that? I better book a table now.

London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came her for a meal on the bank holiday weekend, and as soon as we sat down we were told the kitchen would shut in an hour. What we didn't realise was that the food would take 45 mins to appear! Within minutes of the food being served they opened the front door and started mopping up around us, before the kitchen staff appeared and asked if we had finished yet. The waitress hovered around our table, clearing plates as soon as a fork was put down. Although they were friendly enough I found this behaviour rude. Even worse was that the main course was almost £14 for 3 spoons of rice, 5 bits of lamb and some cucumber!
Very disappointed - I shall not be recommending this restaurant!

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here on a sat night 8pm...just me and my husband. Lovely atmosphere....great decor. Not too loud, not too quiet so ideal for couples or groups. Our starters were nice but our mains were delicious and so tasty. Great value for money. Staff were lovely - never let our wine glasses go empty but didn't fuss over us too much. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank Nicnicnic2014