“Birthday lunch”
Review of The Olde Dog Inn

The Olde Dog Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Olde Dog Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 176 Restaurants in Brentwood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had read the reviews on this pub and decided to take a chance and book a table for 4 for lunch
on my birthday on 4th July. Not heard of this pub before despite living only 10 miles away in
Upminster. Certainly not disappointed. Lovely pub with a lot of charm and atmosphere and good
service. We all had a different dish and the food was first class... plentiful, hot, very tasty and well
presented. Great for traditional beers, many of which you don't find elsewhere. This is a rare
'Free House', so the beers can vary from time to time and with a great choice from brewery's big
and small, far and near. Well worth visiting, eating and drinking. We will certainly return on a
regular basis.

1  Thank Martin B

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Proper drinkers pub. A bit off the beaten track I guess. It was recommended to me, .. I've not eaten here yet, but it am going back with my family as the menu looks great. I've been here on a Friday night and a Sunday afternoon both just for drinks. The outside car park and garden area is not much to look at but it makes it up inside. It is quaint and cozy and there are barrels of beer lovingly looked after by bar staff who are known by first names, by locals etc, which is always a good sign I think. There are ciders in barrels and you can ask to try various things if you are unsure. I was worried it would be a bit of an old cardigan type pub, but on the Friday night there were just as many youngsters in drinking as there were oldies .. And it made it a welcome sight that everyone got on well with no rowdiness and family's welcome too etc. They offered a bar snacks menu as well as a full menu. The staff really looked like they enjoyed working there. I will be going back,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Very nice meal, everything as expected. Pub really nice and olde worlde and staff very friendly and helpful. Hadn't eaten there for a while but was a good as I remembered.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Had a really nice dinner at the olde dog on Thursday night. Service was friendly and efficient ... Love the menu on the chalk boards ... So easy for the staff to up date. Our meals were very tasty and piping hot ... Not something you get everywhere these days.

The restaurant was very busy and all we see were very satisfied customers. We are looking forward to a return visit soon.

The only issue we had with our visit was the car park ... Very uneven surface and random logs at the side of the entrance got stuck under my sisters car .. Not a good start to an otherwise super evening.

No visible disabled car parking available

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Nice pub with friendly staff. Ate with a party of four, all of whom agreed that our starters and mains were good. Deserts, however, were a disaster all round... obviously not made in-house. Wished we hadn't bothered with them as they ended a decent meal on a low

1  Thank Ruairí Ó