“Some of the best Sushi I've ever had”
Review of Sushi City

Sushi City
Ranked #64 of 159 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Brentwood, Sushi City offers mouth-watering sushi cuisine. Sushi City is renowned throughout the Essex area for its divine style and presentation of traditional sushi cuisine, achieved by paying special attention to every fine detail and only using the very finest ingredients.
Sydney, Australia
“Some of the best Sushi I've ever had”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Fresh sushi, great flavour combinations, the tempura prawn is my favourite. Always a good meal. I am surprised this place isn't always super busy, I think no one really knows about it yet as its off the high street.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank anna_lily00

London, England
“Pleasant surprise...”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I dined here one evening after I stumbled across a mention of it on a social media site. The menu is varied and contains many good dishes, however, why 'smoked salmon' is on the menu I will never know. In fifty years of interacting with Japanese I have never met ONE who likes 'smoked salmon' — so I can only assume it is for western taste (although not for me).

The decor is sparse and minimal which helps authenticity, but the could add more Japanese effect without compromise.

I ordered Sake Sashimi, Sake and Maguro Nigirizushi and Californian rolls — my wife went with a standard selection dish. My Sashimi had shades of ice still in the fish, but then we arrived just after 5:00pm when they opened so caught them slightly off-guard (I hope).

The overall taste of the fish was good, colour and sheen suggested the fish was quite fresh as well.

In conclusion, I intend to eat there again soon, it was quite enjoyable. Staff a warm, friendly and efficient also.

TIP: Check out parking beforehand, many yellow lines and restrictions in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Usuzumiishi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tip top.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Im not really a fan of take aways persay. Wasnt so keen of sushi takeaway idea either. But i must admit from my first order almost a year ago, i fell in love with this place, the delivery service always superb, the quality of food beyond my expectations.. Been to top London and Europes restaurants aswell been to Nobus in London and USA, been to best restaurants in Japan, i must say this place is not far behind, i would even say on the same level. Love the passion the guys go around, cant fault it. Eatin in and away every week. One of my top places.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vojust
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Used to be an advocate, now will never return”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My boyfriend and I have used Sushi City as a takeaway service since they opened; at the start, the service was absolutely fantastic - delivery was always on time and the sushi was prepared and presented beautifully.

Unfortunately tonight was the last straw - having spent in excess of £50 per week for the last 18 months, we will now never use Sushi City again. Our order was 30 minutes for the 3rd time running, and the sushi was sloppily made up and the fish was certainly not fresh. I called up twice to complain and not once was I given an apology or discount as way of saying sorry. It's such a shame as in the beginning, this was the best Sushi in Essex and Greater London; now, they are purely in it for the money and not for the customer service or repeat business.

• Visited August 2013
8 Thank LoraLeopard
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant! Well done and keep it up!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

First time we'd tried it tonight. They have a new menu apparently and after trying some of it tonight we will definitely be back to try more of the enticing looking menu items. The Sashimi and Nigiri were outstanding quality, as good as we have had anywhere in the world. The Prawn Tempura Maki was also superb. All in all everything we ordered was really good. The best takeaway we've had in the UK so far, by far. The place is also very neat and clean looking and staff are friendly and helpful. would also add that it is great value for money. We are destined to become regulars if they maintain this standard. Thanks for a great meal!

• Visited July 2013