“A delightful stay”

Hillview Cottage Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brentwood
Hillview Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Brentwood B&B and Inns
London
“A delightful stay”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in hill view B&B for 6 weeks while I was doing courses locally, it is in a lovely country lane which is very peaceful, the room was very nice and clean and the landlord was very helpful with all my questions I would 100% return to hill view

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Dingle2325

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The upper cabin room is only suitable if you are less than 5ft 6ins tall and do not mind the kitchen, toilet and bathroom sharing one part of the cabin. When I arrived, I was told the unit was self contained and given milk and bread to go with the cereal in the room as my breakfast. The milk was off and the individual who had supplied it did not seem too worried. Definitely not to be repeated!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Bob S

Travellers are raving about these Brentwood hotels

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We loved it here, beautiful location, fabulous views and with a resident peacock called Percy. Our wooden cabin overlooked a lake and it was comfortable and relaxing. It's a real treasure of a find as far as B&B's go and we will definitely stay again. Mark the Proprietor was helpful and accommodating and for the price it was all round a fantastic break!

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Debswelly
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed here in December 13/January 14 whilst on business in brentwood it is a converted stable block. The accommodation is very comfortable and warm with constant heat from night storage heating usual tv with freeview plenty of storage ensuite bath and kitchen area with sink kettle toaster microwave and fridge all this from £25 a night! As I have said before I write reviews based on value for money and fit for purpose and as a business traveler on a budget this certainly meets these criteria. You also overlook a pond with ducks geese etc! Very relaxing after a day at work!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank leslie2010may
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My son and his fiancé stayed here, they knew that the 'breakfast' of the bed & breakfast was basic to say the least having stayed here previously but the closeness to a family gathering outweighed their better judgement to stay again. They wish they haven't . The bed was grubby, the room had no lock when going out for the day. Raw sewage was discharge close by the B&B. When they went to do their own breakfast, as this is how this place works, items were unavailable and the host was absent. They won't make the same mistake of staying again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank smiler52
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Good parking. Great location and very secluded. Beautiful grounds complete with small lake and a displaying peacock. Very clean and newly decorated, even the strong smell of paint when I opened the velux window. Found it difficult to use wardrobe due to it storing a dolls house. Comfortable bed but it did appear that somebody had lain on top of the bed. My travelling companion thought that it was very impersonal as she didn't see anybody about the place. Would use again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Messiejessie_13
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The only positive thing about this place was the price. I phoned a couple of times to try to book, but despite leaving a message my call wasn't returned. When I eventually got through, I was told a room was available but I couldn't check in till after 5pm as they would be "out at work". When I got there on Monday night, the guy who ran the place seemed to be in the middle of painting the upstairs hallway, and the whole place stank of paint. Unfortunately the door to my room was open, so my room smelt of paint too. He offered me a double room in a "cabin" outside, but told me it didn't have a bathroom, I decided against it. At least my room was next door to the bathroom, which was beautiful and had a big deep bath which I had to clean before I used it, but at least the water was hot. After my bath, I thought of having a cup of tea, only to realise I had no tea-making facilities in my room, and although I had spotted a kettle and cups downstairs in the dining room, I decided to just go out to get myself something to eat and drink. I found a KFC in Brentwood, and brought it back to eat and drink in my room. Later, as I tried to get to sleep, I could hear his television blaring in the room below me, but I managed to sleep despite that and the noisy radiator. I got up at about 6.30 as I was really thirsty and needed tea. None in my room of course. Since the notice said breakfast was available between 6 and 8, I was hopeful of finding something downstairs. That was my first mistake. The house was deserted, just a hungry cat pestering to be fed, and despite there being a little fridge in the dining room, it was empty. There were some packets of cereal on the side, and cartons of jam on the table, and a jar of teabags, but nothing else. I called out a few times, but since there was nobody around, I eventually went through the curtained off area and found the kitchen, and there was a bottle of milk and two loaves of bread in the fridge. In fact that's all there was in the fridge! It was like the house wasn't lived in!! I took the milk through and made myself some tea (I had to use two teabags as they were such cheap, nasty ones) and got some cereal out of a box labelled "Frosties" (they weren't, they were cheap, stale, own-brand cornflakes). After I'd eaten them, I put the milk back in his fridge, and got a couple of slices of bread to make toast. It was an act of the purest optimism to hope there might be some butter somewhere. So, toast and jam then. As I was eating it, he finally got up and came downstairs. I explained I had to raid his fridge because there was no milk or bread out, and got a cursory apology.

After breakfast, I took most of my stuff out to the car, even though I was supposed to be staying two nights, because there was no lock on the door of my room. No way was I leaving my Kindle and camera in there, even though he said there was nobody else in the house. I nipped back to a cash machine at a nearby garage, and paid him for the first night, and said that I might be back that night if I was desperate, but it was unlikely. I think I asked him whether he got much repeat business, but I think he failed to understand the significance of the question!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.