“Best pub in Brentwood to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bull

The Bull
Ranked #5 of 157 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex
“Best pub in Brentwood to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This pub is superb, the food, service, ambience, owners and staff are first class. Gemma goes out of her way to make you feel at ease and enjoy your stay, whether it is two of you or a group. Frankie's customer service is first class. The Bull goes over and above to provide superb food and fantastic stay every single time. It is our favourite pub in Brentwood and by looking at the reviews seems to be everyone else's too. Well done Gemma and the team. p.s. The Bull literally kicks it's neighbouring pub The Nags Head to the kerb, don't bother visiting this one (we will not be visiting ever again!)

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Essex134
Bull_Brentwood, Owner at The Bull, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review of our pub/restaurant. We are glad you enjoy your visits here and look forward to you next one.

Essex
“Not just standard pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is the second time I've eaten here this year and the food is absolutely delicious. The restaurant is cosy, the menu is inventive and the staff are friendly. Glad to have a pub like this so close to home. I'll definitely be going back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Victoria K
Bull_Brentwood, Owner at The Bull, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were really pleased to read that you have enjoyed your visits here and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Another re-incarnation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I'd had been to this PUB some years ago only because I was passing by. What a dump.... Rotten beer, rotten decor and VERY rude staff. I missed out on a couple of their 're furbs ' over the years. Once bitten Etc.. Then a few months ago someone mentioned that the Bull had been completely changed and that the food was "not bad". Surely it couldn't be as bad as before could it?? So together with 2 of my wife's cousins, off we went to The Bull in Brentwood for lunch. Well let me tell you, it was such a completely different experience!! First you had a friendly welcome. We chose to go into the restaurant ( which was very busy) . Good table and good service. Interesting menu with generous portions and good beer. A very enjoyable and filling experience.
I've been back on a couple of occasions using the bar menu, only to find the experience to be the same AND, it's not too crowded mid week.

The question is will I use this establishment again??? Yes I will. Gladly.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank bbpostbox
Bull_Brentwood, Owner at The Bull, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our pub/restaurant. It's so nice to read when we achieve what we have set out to do - A friendly, pub/restaurant serving great homemade food with great service. We are glad you will return and look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
“Food just not up to standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Took my mum here for Mother's Day, the decor is nice, it's small but seemed cosy, it was very packed as expected

Staff were very nice and friendly but the food was just not up to standard.

For a roast, little veg, lot of fat on my beef and potatoes were hard, big and almost impossible to cut

We have had better with other restaurants In and around brentwood ways

If I'm honest I wouldn't return or recommend

Visited March 2014
Bull_Brentwood, Owner at The Bull, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your visit here. Obviously we were disappointed to read that it wasn't a more positive experience, although it was good to read that you liked the décor and had good service. Please be assured that we are reviewing all your comments regarding the food, to ensure that no other customers have a disappointing meal like yourselves. Please give us another try so that we can attempt to change your view of our family run restaurant.

North Olmsted, Ohio, United States
“Visitors from USA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I'd like to reach out to the owners. We were traveling in the UK with friends of the family. They took us to The Bull for lunch. From our pictures taken out back, it looks like I found the same restaurant online. But they stated the restaurant was in Strabley, UK. Are you the same place. I don't want to contact our friends because I want to surprise them.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Pat M
Hi!

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your message. I have sent you a direct message to ask you for more details to see if The Bull is the pace you came for lunch.