“worst Chinese food ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #102 of 156 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
“worst Chinese food ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

The food is simply horrible. The prawn satay was half cooked. The chow mein tasted bad and there is no difference between the dishes. We almost threw away half the order.

Visited March 2014

Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal for 2 <3”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend always come to HG, it's been the longest chinese in brentwood, which we both love. It's always beens and the wait is long however its worth it
The thai curry is my favourite and is never let down! I deco recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Henry S
Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
“Best takeaway in Brentwood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

A a regular customer of the Happy Garden Chinese takeaway in Brentwood Essex. Service is excellent and the delivery fast, as for the food it is the best local takeaway not my nearest either but always hot and never disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ericwong13
“Awful experiences every-time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Everytime I have ordered from happy garden I have had a bad experience each time thinking it might have been a one off and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Last night I placed an order and was told 1:20 mins, after 1:45 I call up and was put on hold for 7 minutes while they tried to find out where my order was. Eventually I hung up as no one had any idea what was going on. After 2 hrs I received a call to say my last dish was being cooked and would arrive shortly. I then cancelled my order after making a complaint and then being told 'if we aren't good enough for you go somewhere else' it's good to know their customer service skills are just as good as the kitchen organisation. I have often received deliveries really late therefore would advise not to order 'fast' food from this takeaway.

• Visited October 2013
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Wrong order, twice in a row - avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

It was ridiculous. We were delivered wrong order both times we ordered. We have moved to Great Wall and they have never failed us.

We asked for vegetarian food, no chicken, no meat, no egg - after eating a few bites, realised that they had put beef in it. On calling back, they said yes - no meat, no chicken, no egg, it has beef in it. They didn't even understand what had gone wrong.

Similar experience a few months later. We wouldn't try again :-(

Visited August 2012