“YUM!!!”

Price range: US$5 - US$46
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Persian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Exquisite Persian and Mediterranean charcoal grill serving the very best of the cuisine.
“YUM!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I dined at Chelo with a friend of mine for the first time last week. I was very pleasantly suprised!! The food was very flavoursome and the service was excellent. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that like Persian food. It was good value for money and served the most amazing chocolate cake for dessert, the best of both worlds!!! Atmosphere was good and the place was nicely decorated.

• Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“persian authenticity at it's finest”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I regularly dine at some of the best restaurants serving persian cuisine, for example alounak (queensway, central london), behesht (kensal green), persian palace and shahrazad just to name a few. Due to only being a very recent establishment, and i think the first if not one of the very first persian restaurants within the essex area, I am happy to report that I was VERY pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service! The food exceeded my expectations by far and easily matches up to some of the very best persian food I have had. To be able to say such a thing about Chelo even though it is only still a baby is for me very impressive.Felicia the owner was very nice and welcoming, always checking up on us and lead the way for the rest of the staff to follow in terms of delivering a great experience for myself and my friends. It is always great to see authentic food brought to places which have not experienced it before. I am really glad that I am now able to regularly eat persian without having to travel far! The Bar area had a nice vibe to it and I can tell they have big plans to further develop the décor. Well done Chelo, I will be a regular along with many others, great job guys and congratulations Felicia!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FazzyWazzyKhan
Brentwood
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a really nice dinner, the food was amazing with lots of variety. The staff were friendly and recommended different dishes. The only down fall was the poor choice of music that didn't fit the theme and it was too loud to have pleasant conversation without shouting. Very good restaurant for Brentwood

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Lmartin-1234
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“great costumer service !!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I recently have tried the new chelo restraunt , which for my first expereice was so warm and welcoming ,i was greeted by a lovely waitier who showed me and my friend to a lovely decorated table , on sitting down i was given a wine list which to my own experinces was very reasonbly even for a bottle which would have costed me more in other restraunts, for starter i asked the waiter what he would reccomend and he offered me aurbiguine with fresh nans which was out of this world delicous , i then moved onto the main which i then had the lamb skewer with rice and salad which was something new and tasty , i was not too sure about the desertsbut the waiter reccomends the desert of the day which was a lovely chochlate caske with cream and rasberry sauce , it was something i have never tasted but made me eager for more , i would highly recommend this restraunt not only for the location or the restraunt itself , but the calm, peacfull atosmphere and friendly staff, they made me feel right at home and i was so pleased with the service and care given , very affordable even if it is for a quick lunch.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jada M
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Restaurant served good food with good service, Persian in influence with a varied menu, all staff were attentive and friendly. Its a fairly new restaurant however it seems to have established itself quickly, I would use again

• Visited May 2014