“Have Had Many Wonderful Evenings My Old Faithful”
Review of De Rougemont Manor

De Rougemont Manor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Local Haunt Cosy & the Staff are just Great.
Glad it has stood the Test of Time, just like my Love of the Place.
Whether it has been a Wedding, Fashion show or Dinner Date or just Drinks and a quiet chill out away from it all. The Pool is the summer months is inviting or just a walk around the grounds is a delight... with a nice afternoon tea with friends.
Happy New Year to you All & see you soon.
Sometimes Words are Cheap, and Actions speak Louder!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Sam B, Head Of Marketing at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear AlfieL,

What a lovely review of the hotel! We love to hear what our not only our new guests think but our loyal guests who keep using us.

There is always something going on at the hotel, if not a wedding, party, fashion show, boot-camp, photo-shoot, or just a fully booked hotel, we always make sure that every guest is looked after.

A happy new year to you too! Hopefully we shall be seeing some more of you over the coming months.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed here on business for one night, midweek.

Staff very professional, but still had a personality - they weren't all 'Corporate' which was a real breath of fresh air. From check-in, through to the bar, to service in all areas of the hotel, they were without exception, really great. At least until breakfast the next morning......

Hotel is in need of a real tidying up though - it looks tatty around the edges and although my room was a good size and clean, it was very old-fashioned and as a consequence it felt over-priced. Even with the radiator turned full up, the quilt was obviously man-made cheap stuff and was too thin and as a consequence the room really was way too cold to be comfortable. Even at £ 99.00 I'd expect it to be warm enough.

I alluded to the staff at breakfast - I had to witness a little altercation between 2 staff members (male) who both decided they were too busy to go and replenish the bread or something. You really don't need to hear that in the morning - and the young guy really needs to learn how to speak with more respect to his older colleagues.

Would I stay here again - I guess so, but I would request a different room for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JAR1965

Dear Jar1965,

Thank your for taking the time to place a review on the hotel. As you can see from all our reviews and obviously you have witnessed it first hand all the staff really do work hard, and although we are very professional, we like to add a friendly approach to.

Thank you for your comments regarding the exterior. These have been passed on to our directors. We are currently in the process of re-decorating the majority of our bedrooms, however we are still keeping the original charm and character of the building which is the reason a lot of guests choose to stay with us.

Hopefully it wont be long before you join us again.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Got married there on 28th of December and the day was perfect. The venue was amazing as was the helpful staff. I would like to thank everyone who worked on the day that helped make it a special occssion. Highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank stoven71

Dear Stoven71,

How kind of you to take the time to write these lovely comments so soon after your special day. We are so pleased you had a wonderful time and a day to remember for the rest of your lives.

Please dont be strangers and remember us, maybe on your 1st anniversary (and of-course thereafter.)

Do visit us soon, we look forward to welcoming you again.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 1 January 2013

My daughter got married at De Rougemont Manor on 6thOctober 2012 . The hotel is a lovely venue and the rooms and food are very good . .Everything was just as she wanted for her special day, nothing was too much trouble for the staff . I would highly recomend this venue for anyone booking their special day . I would tlike to thank Davene , Sam and the staff for all their help and support and for giving my daughter and son-in-law such a lovely day to remember .

Room Tip: All in the main building were very nice rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Avril E

Dear Avril E,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. It is a great feeling when our staff get such positive feedback for their hard work, especially as it involves making your big day the best it can be.

Hopefully it wont be long before we are welcoming you all back to the hotel? Possibly for a drink or even a meal in the Heseltines Restaurant.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel overnight whilst my husband was in the hospital about 5 mins away. What a find. My friend came and joined me for dinner and we had a wonderful meal in the bar. Great value too. I cannot fault the staff - they were wonderful. Accommodation was lovely. The Christmas decorations were an absolute delight. Whether it is business or pleasure you have to stay at this hotel. It is delightful - a breakfast the waiter (extremely tall and had to duck when coming through the doorways) was so attentive it was an absolute pleasure. I really do want to stay at this hotel again. I would say to anybody planning a wedding or special event.....have a look at this hotel you will be pleasantly surprised. I am planning to take my husband there for lunch soon. Thank you to all the staff for making my overnight stay delightful.

Room Tip: I loved this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peggie97

Dear Peggie97,

Thank you for your fantastic comments. It was great that you could join us over the festive period. We really do love Christmas here, so we always like to make sure the hotel looks like a true winter wonderland.

Our head chef David Fuller makes sure that all the food that he prepares, and cooks is always served to the highest standard, and he appreciates all feedback so I will pass your wonderful comments on.

It was a real pleasure having you stay with us and hopefully it wont be too long before you are back.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Be it for business or pleasure you must stay here. I have spent a numb of nights at De Rougement Manor on business, I have yet to have. AD night. The Restaurant is a delight and e bar welcoming. If you ave the option book the Study for a private dining experience, you won't be disappointed. I am staying again later this week and am already looking forward to it. The staff are fantastic and can not do more to help you and make you feel at home. Thank You

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank eaaxh02

Dear Eaaxh02,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We really do love to hear all guests reviews, as we accept that nobody is perfect so its always great to hear what we are doing right, and if there is any room for improvement. We really do pride ourselves on our excellent facilities such as the bar, and restaurant, so its great to hear these are so highly enjoyed.

The study suite is one of my most favourite rooms in the hotel. Indeed it has all the original charm and character of the building, yet its just right for a meal, conference or just drinks.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

i had a single room what to my mind was a good size also very clean,the hotel staff where very helpful and booking in was a quick and simple.we had my wedding meal in the evening and the food was very good the staff was there all the time topping up the wine,then with the tea and coffee afterwards.the only thing that went wrong was that we had a paid for bar with a lot of money behind the bar,at the same time there was another wedding in the hotel and some of the people from that wedding was comming into our and getting free drinks.what i recomend if that the hotel give bands to the people that are in one bar and a diffent one to the other bar so they know which one is which.this left a bad taste in the way our people left the evening,again the staff where good,one of got a cab at 1.30am in the morning to take one of our senior ladies home she put herself out to do this.well done to you.if i am up brentwood way i would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor right next to the lift,tidy,good size for single person.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Fossel,

Im so glad to hear what a delightful stay you recently had with us. It really means a lot to all the staff that you have taken time to review the hotel. Indeed our staff are a true asset to us here each specialising in their own individual qualities.

Again Davine and the whole events team will always go above an beyond to make sure that everything runs smoothly on a wedding and just in general, so its great to hear all this hard work has been recognised.

I believe there was a slight misunderstanding in regards to the bar drinks, and there was a member of the wedding party that knew someone from the other wedding and they had both got together, however the issues was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention.

Indeed, hopefully it wont be too long before you are back in Brentwood. It would be great to welcome you back, maybe you could try out our famous Heseltines restaurant?

Many thanks
Sam Banks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!