“Elas Training Course” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Elas Training Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have recently delivered a very successful 3 day first aid training course at the De Rougemont Manor Hotel, and I have to say how impressed I was with the hotel and all the staff, As the training manager with Elas, I try to get out to deliver these courses as often as I can to evaluate the venues we use, so that when we find a good one, we use them again, and I have to say the De Rougemont is a great venue, Both the training room and the bedroom were excellent, the food was amongst the best I have tasted and this was backed up by some of my delegates who also made more than favourable comments regarding the food and the venue.
I have no difficulty whatsoever recommending this hotel for any event you have or just a stop over, I will defiantly be booking another event with this hotel.
Outstanding!
Mike Gibbons

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike G
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mike G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent conference held with us in the Garden Lounge Suite.

It's great to hear from a training manager that uses lots of different venues that you enjoyed your visit and would be more than happy to recommend us.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Essex's Best Large Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great place for a get together with friends, excellent food, great value and first class service. A very comfortable and Cosey restaurant with nice views. Plenty of parking spaces. Would recommend . We all look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fletc
Dear Fletc,

Many thanks for sharing your recent afternoon tea experience with us. It's fantastic news to hear what a lovely time you had, and that you found the hotel and its surroundings very welcoming.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you back.

Merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was more than happy with my stay here. The staff were friendly and polite and couldn't do enough to make my stay successful. My room had beautiful views looking out over the gardens. The room was of a high standard and well furbished

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank eagleworks
Dear Eagleworks,

Many thanks for taking the time to place such a lovely review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had, and cant wait to welcome you back again.

Ferreira do Zezere, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at De Rougemont Manor after having to leave the B&B we were booked in (gosh, a whole other story - check out the review for Hillview Cottage B&B!!!). We were welcomed by the nicest receptionist, Nicole, I have come across in a very long time. Her colleague behind the bar (sorry cant remember the name), was equally helpful and just a gem, as were the other staff. Nicole did all she could to help us in a jam and we had a lovely stay, a stunning meal and just honest to goodness friendly people. Thank you so much for making a bad evening into a memorable and peaceful one. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had 221 - lovely :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laramac68
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Laramac68,

Thank you for placing such a wonderful review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. It's fantastic to hear what a great stay you had with us. Indeed all our staff are extremely friendly, and its great to read this and get the feedback too.

Hopefully you will be local again and can take advantage of some of our current deals available at present.

East Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel, staff very friendly, room very nice, clean and presented well. On request a nice quiet room was given and Wi-fi was free. The breakfast was cooked well and lots of choices. The only issue we had was instant coffee at breakfast ,but this would not stop us staying there. But have to say staff professional and very helpful.

Room Tip: Not sure whether there are rooms at the front but the back was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat O
Dear Pat O,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent revisit to us. We will always happily help with any requests such as a room in a certain area of the hotel, and would be delighted to accommodate where possible.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again very soon.

St Neots, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked a single room last minute as I had an early meeting the following day. Wasn't a great start when I got a taxi at the station and the driver said "never heard of it...", but we got there eventually with the help of sat nav on my phone. The hotel itself is clean, well presented and friendly staff.

My room (Room 120), although small, was clean and tidy, with all the amenities you'd expect. Unfortunately, it was located over the kitchen and therefore was noisy up until approx 10pm with the clattering of plates and glass bottles being emptied. I was too tired from travelling to request to change rooms and as I am heavy sleeper, still managed a decent night's sleep in the comfortable bed.

The only other issue I had was with the bath/shower. After evicting the resident silverfish from the bath (only the one, so I doubt it's a huge problem). I couldn't get anything other than lukewarm water from the tap or showerhead. The water from the sink tap was very hot when turned up, so not quite sure what was happening there.

The breakfast was lovely, with good variety and attentive staff for hot drinks and cooked breakfast items.

Overall, I would return, but wouldn't want to stay in the same room.

Room Tip: If you're booking to stay on your own, avoid room 120 if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Charmetta
Dear Charmetta,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review about your recent overnight stay with us. On the particular evening you stayed with us we were extremely busy, (in fact fully booked) and you had managed to secure one of our last rooms. The particular room you was in is usually a room that we let out last & at a lower rate, which I believe you managed to take advantage of.

Although the room meets up to all our high standards, and still has the same amenities as all other rooms and is cleaned to the same standard, it is unfortunately directly above our main kitchen.

Im glad to hear what a lovely breakfast you had, indeed we have plenty of choices, and always try to change the buffet to make variations for our regular guests.

Hopefully you will be back again soon where we can be sure of a warm welcome.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I'm a huge afternoon tea fan and over the last year have visited lots of different places in Essex and London. By far DeRougemont offer the best Afternoon Tea. I've been three times since they launched it last year. Twice with my partner and once with my parents and sister as a wedding anniversary treat. The last time I went on a deal with groupon, which was an absolute bargain! And we got a free glass of Pimms on arrival! The sandwiches and cakes have been slightly different each time we've been which is nice. They are all always fresh and really tasty. They also bought me some soy milk over as I can't have normal milk. Nothing's too much trouble here. The staff are genuinely warm and friendly (not in a fake way like they're trying to get a good tip, like in some places!!) theres always a member of staff nearby and when you ask for something from anyone they go and get it for you straight away. You don't get 'I'll find your waitress' here!
Would recomend to anyone. Me and my family were realxing in comfy sofas having our tea for nearly three hours last time we were here. It's a really lovely place to go :)

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Lauren S,

Thank you for letting us know how wonderful your recent visit was. I'm glad to hear that De Rougemont was amongst the best. As you would of seen & tasted, all our food is to such a great quality & freshly prepared every day.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you back for another Afternoon Tea soon.

Essex's Best Large Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Premier Inn Brentwood Hotel
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!