“Very good choice for the area”
Review of De Rougemont Manor

De Rougemont Manor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
“Very good choice for the area”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night with my husband who was on business. When booking the room I asked for a dinner reservation but was told the restaurant was closed on a Sunday evening but bar snacks would be available. Thinking that bar food would be burgers and chips we explored the area for somewhere to eat. Most of the eateries we looked at also closed on a Sunday night so I telephoned the hotel and asked for their help in finding somewhere to eat. I am not sure of the receptionist's name (think it was Natalie) but bless her she came up with some Italian restaurants close by with full menus which were handed to us on arrival. This was extremely thoughtful of her and much appreciated. However once in our room my husband looked at the bar menu and said they had fillet steak, pork etc., and rang reception to ask if these would be available on the night. Yes they were so we stayed at the hotel and were not disappointed. They set up a table for us in the restaurant and we had fillet steak (my husband) and pork for me along with a bottle of wine which was excellent. Service was very good and food piping hot. The room was quite small but comfortable but the bathroom was huge with underfloor heating. Lots of space to put toilet bags etc. The only niggle, which we reported to reception was the sound of running water all night long - leading to a not very good night's sleep. Breakfast was adequate - fresh fruit, cereals, fruit juice and cooked breakfast to order. My husband's bacon was good but mine was so hard I couldn't cut it. No reason to complain though as there was more than enough on my husband's plate for the both of us. My husband went off to his appointment after breakfast and I had a lovely walk round the grounds - we were blessed with lovely sunshine. Then I read my book in the very comfortable lounge until my husband's return. Staff very attentive and efficient. Thanks you for a very enjoyable stay and we will certainly visit again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tricia298
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Tricia298,

I'm so glad to hear what a fantastic recent visit you had. Indeed our food is lovely, and our Bar & Grill menu is very extensive with such a great range of dishes.

Again its great to hear how wonderful you found the service, and how attentive all the staff were. Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming both of you back soon.

Essex's Best Large Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We thought it would make a pleasant change to take afternoon tea in the nearby De Rougemont Manor. We were greeted and seated by friendly cheerful staff. The afternoon fayre was nicely presented in the traditional manner. However, the sandwiches were cold, as if they had been kept in refrigerator all morning rather than made minutes before being served and we were not made aware that a variety of teas were available. Regardless of this, we both enjoyed the food. We were a bit disappointed that tea was taken in a room that overlooked the main road and not where the view was of the garden. Would we go again ? Not too sure !

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Iain B
Dear Iain B,

Thank you for sharing your recent afternoon tea experience with us. I'm so glad to hear what a fantastic time you had with us.

We are always more than happy to accommodate any special seating requirements such as views, or higher/lower tables, and upon your next visit please do mention that you would prefer a view of the fantastic grounds.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I wanted to express my total satisfaction with a function organised for us on 3rd February. From the moment I met Davine, the Functions Manageress, I felt most reassured that she knew exactly what I wanted. After a unhurried discussion we chose suitable food/drinks for the occasion. From then on she always made herself available for my queries as they occurred..
It wouldn't have been that easy to judge quantities etc as our event was for quite a large
post-funeral gathering but she wasn't phased at all and was always open to my suggestions.
I am so pleased I have some photos of how amazing the food looked before it was devoured - it's presentation was very impressive and the quality excellent too.. Please do thank all the chefs. The waiting and bar staff also did a brilliant job - they were most attentive. I didn't see any empty glasses!.
And thank you to Davine, fo being so experienced and approachable to know exactly what I wanted. She got it just right. My Mum would have been very proud!
Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa F
Dear Lisa F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm so glad to hear that we were able to help where needed and that you were more than satisfied with the level of service and how the day went.

We really do like to go above & beyond to ensure that everything goes so smoothly, and It's fantastic to hear you found this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Manor again soon.

Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

A group of ladies went to the restaurant on Monday 17th February, shown into a very nice room and given the menu to choose. We had our choices taken and after a short were shown to our table. A very nice room with several small tables. The staff were very attentive, the starters and main courses were served quite quickly, but we had to wait quite a time for dessert. In fact we got caught up with afternoon teas. On the whole, a very enjoyable lunch. Nice outlook and comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenda S
Dear Brenda S,

Many thanks for sharing your recent experience with us. It's great to hear what a wonderful time you and the girls had when dining with us for lunch.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you all back, and possibly to try out Afternoon Tea to?

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have recently delivered a very successful 3 day first aid training course at the De Rougemont Manor Hotel, and I have to say how impressed I was with the hotel and all the staff, As the training manager with Elas, I try to get out to deliver these courses as often as I can to evaluate the venues we use, so that when we find a good one, we use them again, and I have to say the De Rougemont is a great venue, Both the training room and the bedroom were excellent, the food was amongst the best I have tasted and this was backed up by some of my delegates who also made more than favourable comments regarding the food and the venue.
I have no difficulty whatsoever recommending this hotel for any event you have or just a stop over, I will defiantly be booking another event with this hotel.
Outstanding!
Mike Gibbons

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike G
Dear Mike G,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent conference held with us in the Garden Lounge Suite.

It's great to hear from a training manager that uses lots of different venues that you enjoyed your visit and would be more than happy to recommend us.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Great place for a get together with friends, excellent food, great value and first class service. A very comfortable and Cosey restaurant with nice views. Plenty of parking spaces. Would recommend . We all look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fletc
Dear Fletc,

Many thanks for sharing your recent afternoon tea experience with us. It's fantastic news to hear what a lovely time you had, and that you found the hotel and its surroundings very welcoming.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you back.

Merseyside
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was more than happy with my stay here. The staff were friendly and polite and couldn't do enough to make my stay successful. My room had beautiful views looking out over the gardens. The room was of a high standard and well furbished

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank eagleworks
Dear Eagleworks,

Many thanks for taking the time to place such a lovely review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear what a wonderful time you had, and cant wait to welcome you back again.

Essex's Best Large Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Thorpe Bay

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!