“One night in Essex”
Review of De Rougemont Manor

De Rougemont Manor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Upon arrivel the hotel looks grand, new style rolls Royce parked outside the front door. Car park round the back which doubles up with the local car wash.
The room was in the confrencing suite with is a separate building. My room was through the door and up the stairs . The door is open 24/7 and the door to the room is an interal door so in the middle of the night the siltist noise worries you that some one is about to invade you sanctum.
The meal was medioaca with a bird from birds of a feather taking your order.
Breakfast had to be sent back because a full English didn't come with an egg?.

Won't be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mrdwe
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Mrdwe,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent visit. We do welcome all guests feedback and always take constructive comments on board. It's great to hear that you found the hotel in general grand. We have recently refurbished many parts of the hotel, and being such a large hotel its obviously an ongoing job for remaining areas, however its nice to know you found the new frontage lovely.

Our front doors all close at 1am and are then opened via a member of the night team upon request. Throughout the day & night there is always several members of staff on duty, and all our night staff do regular security checks & walks throughout the whole hotel.

Hopefully you would like to join us again soon, and we can be sure of a nice warm welcome.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was looking for a hotel in the Brentwood area to stay overnight once or twice a week on a regular basis.
One visit was £69 and another £79. This included breakfast which I thought was reasonable.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast most enjoyable
Some of the guests could have been more considerate - banging their doors and holding a very loud conversation in the corridor at 6 in the morning!
However - I decided that this would be a good hotel to use regularly so on checking out I arranged my next visit. Imagine my horror when I received the confirmation email for £119 !!! - Apparently this is the usual rate but as I went through an " on line booking site" previously I got it cheaper! ..... and this is what I should do to get a cheaper rate.
I do not have time to check rates each week and thought I would have the same rate each stay.
After several emails they agreed to let me have the room at £89 for all of my stays - but sadly it was too late as I have found alternative accommodation which is just as nice if not better at a cheaper rate

Room Tip: If booking a return visit - check the price they are quoting you! I would not pay £119 per night...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank HevaF

Dear HevaF,

Many thanks for your recent review of the hotel. All our bedrooms have a set rack rate which is the same throughout the whole year. On occasions we may be able to offer special promotions or deals which I believe you took advantage of during your first stay. We will usually advertise these rates via on-line booking agents, our website, and in house.

In order to make sure you are receiving the best way for all your visits we do recommend booking direct with us via phone or in the main hotel, or visiting our website, we always have the best rates available so it will save you time when looking around.

If you feel yourself or your company would be interested in using us on a permanent basis and are looking to book a certain amount of room nights each year I would highly recommend speaking with our room revenues team who will be able to assist in getting a corporate rate set up which can be honoured at the same price throughout the year.

Hopefully with the above knowledge we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Requested Gluten Free breakfast when booking on line. No attempt to provide, unable to let me know if baked beans were gluten free. Lucky that I had own bread and own cereal. Not impressed with breakfast waiter. Expected more from a hotel of this standard, they should be able to provide for those on gluten free diets, it's much more freely available these days. The evening bar meal was very good and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pauline W

Dear Pauline W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do always welcome any feedback, and thank you for bringing to my attention the issue regarding Gluten Free breakfasts. We do offer a gluten free breakfast amongst many others, and I will speak with our reservations & restaurant team to see where the communication error regarding the breakfast has occurred.

Upon your next visit you can be sure of a lovely gluten free breakfast amongst many other things the hotel offers.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been for afternoon tea here 3 times now, it is always a pleasure, definitely the best I have been too. The sandwiches, cakes and scones are delicious and fresh, the staff are always pleasant and helpful, looking forward to my next visit. A+++++++

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Julie045_8

Dear Julie045_8,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of Afternoon Tea at the hotel. Indeed all the food we serve is always to the highest standard and freshly prepared so its fantastic to see this is recognised in the quality.

Hopefully we can welcome you back for Afternoon Tea again soon, or possibly our new mid week lunches. Do keep an eye on our website for any upcoming offers.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked the 'Goldings Suite' at the De Rougemont Manor last Friday for a fundraising evening which included a three course meal for 122 people.

The night was fantastic! I received so many positive comments from the guests about the lovely venue, the excellent food and the efficiency of the Hotel staff. Nothing was too much trouble!

A big thank you to Davine, Naomi, and all the staff for helping to make the night a huge success.

Kind regards, Mary-Anne

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MaryAnne D

Dear Mary-AnneD,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent function with us. I'm so glad to hear that you and the rest of your party had such a wonderful time.

Indeed the Golding's Suite is a lovely room, and we are currently in the process of finishing of a refurbishment improving the room further.

I know you are currently in the process of speaking with the team about booking another event in and hopefully we can look forward to hosting that one to.

Speak Soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked the hotel Restaurant for my mother's 90th birthday celebration. I was told we would have a round table but we got a long one which wasn't ideal for 10 people. The price for two courses was £16.95 when I booked and even after saying they would honour the price at booking they tried to charge me £19.95. The food is ok, the scallop starter consisted of one scallop cut into three which was overcooked and rubbery. The vegetarian pasta was dry, the lamb wasn't very tender and the pork loin was basically a pork chop! The service was poor. Two meals at a time came out with a few minutes between each. We had to complain about one missing meal and no veg. By the time the veg came out all our meals were lukewarm. Not much choice for veggies, and after sending me the menu for the day I booked they then changed it, apparently a new chef. Would I go again... very doubtful. Overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank cheg55

Dear Cheg55,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to the Manor. I believe that since this review you or another member of the party has spoken to the team and as a result any issues were dealt with. I believe there was one of two communication errors which were resolved once brought to our attention.

Hopefully now you and the rest of your party would be more than happy to join us again and we can look forward to hearing what you thought.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Friends bought us afternoon tea with a groupon voucher. After an initial warm welcome by the reception staff we were introduced to our waitress who took us to our table situated outside the gents toilet, despite there being plenty of better situated tables available. We then noticed that ours, unlike other tables, had a glass top covering the white table cloth. We can only assume these tables were reserved for the Groupon customers. The tea was brought and can only be described as builders tea - no choice given.. No hot water and we had to ask for tea spoons. We were not spoken to again by any waitress and had to ask again for some more tea.
Do not be fooled by the pictures - the sandwich selection was very poor and cakes adequate. Was this all because we had a Groupon voucher I wonder !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David V
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear David V,

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We always welcome feedback, and take all comments on board and look at ways of improving our already high standards.

All our afternoon tea customers are treated with the same service and standard, Groupon or not, and as you can see from other reviews, and via comments on our website, and from thank you letters around the hotel, we normally only ever receive excellent feedback.

I have taken all your comments on board, and should you wish to discuss your review with us please do not hesitate to directly contact me.

Essex's Best Large Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!