“Wedding anniversary !”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wedding anniversary !”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We booked this hotel for our wedding anniversary and night out Essex style ! Upon arriving the hotel is very impressive admittedly the staff were very nice and helpful, but once settled in the hotel I found the room extremely small with wallpaper hanging off , water stains on the ceiling and the bathroom wasn't exactly nice especially the sink area with bodged up grouting repairs etc n the sink was rusty at the plug vile really! The bed was on the small size too! Apart from that the room was clean. The lounge area had nice leather sofas but was let down with filthy and wot looked ancient old cushions ! But the food was lovely even had gluten free ! I was dissopointed they do not do afternoon Tea at the weekend either so be prepared it's not advertised or I didn't see it was, the price for a one night stay was extortionate for the dingy room we was given so if booking a room 104 isn't up to much at all! We went out for dinner our reservation was at 8pm the hotel booked us a taxi for 7.45 it never arrived !! But the lady staff member sorry I didn't catch her name kindly took us in her own car she was lovely albeit took us to the wrong resturaunt though! And ended having to walk 15mins to find the right one !! Room service breakfast was lovely and bang on time, I couldn't complain it was nice although they never bought the orange juice ! Overall it's a nice hotel but the doors are extremely loud on closing so struggled to sleep for a while as there was a wedding on and other guests was coming back to the rooms quite late . So on my experience it wouldn't say this hotel is 4* star plus as stated given the poor room we had.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natalie W
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Natalie W,

Many thanks for taking the time to share with us your feedback from your recent visit. It's great to hear that you found the hotel on whole very impressive, and that all the staff were extremely helpful and polite.

All our rooms are currently in the process of being refurbished, and obviously being such a large hotel its an ongoing job, the room that you stayed in is scheduled to be refurbished next. Our reservations team hold all the details on our bedrooms so should you have any special requirements they will always be more than happy to help accommodate.

Hopefully we can welcome you back again soon, and possibly on a non function night to avoid the noise?

Essex's Best Large Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Hornchurch
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We travelled here in February
A Groupon voucher in our hand
One of our Christmas presents
And on arriving thought, how grand
Tea with Pimms in the afternoon
From our daughter for a treat
We didn't know what to expect
Or what we'd have to eat
On the day, a sunny one
We arrived and parked the car
Went inside and was greeted
By our waitress, quite a star
Nothing too much trouble
The food and drink just right
A lovely view we had as well
The room so fresh and bright
We enjoyed this tea time visit
And will be coming back again
So thanks to everyone concerned
Two more fans you've gained

Terry B Hornchurch

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Terry B
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Terry B,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your afternoon tea experience with us. I'm so glad that you had a fantastic time and really did enjoy yourself. Indeed all our staff including our waitresses are a real asset to the hotel and will always go above and beyond to help everyone out.

Hopefully we can welcome you back from Afternoon Tea soon or possibly our new mid week lunch. Do keep an eye on our website for any special offers or promotions as we do regularly have different offers available.

wigan
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Upon arrivel the hotel looks grand, new style rolls Royce parked outside the front door. Car park round the back which doubles up with the local car wash.
The room was in the confrencing suite with is a separate building. My room was through the door and up the stairs . The door is open 24/7 and the door to the room is an interal door so in the middle of the night the siltist noise worries you that some one is about to invade you sanctum.
The meal was medioaca with a bird from birds of a feather taking your order.
Breakfast had to be sent back because a full English didn't come with an egg?.

Won't be staying here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mrdwe
Dear Mrdwe,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent visit. We do welcome all guests feedback and always take constructive comments on board. It's great to hear that you found the hotel in general grand. We have recently refurbished many parts of the hotel, and being such a large hotel its obviously an ongoing job for remaining areas, however its nice to know you found the new frontage lovely.

Our front doors all close at 1am and are then opened via a member of the night team upon request. Throughout the day & night there is always several members of staff on duty, and all our night staff do regular security checks & walks throughout the whole hotel.

Hopefully you would like to join us again soon, and we can be sure of a nice warm welcome.

Swaffham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was looking for a hotel in the Brentwood area to stay overnight once or twice a week on a regular basis.
One visit was £69 and another £79. This included breakfast which I thought was reasonable.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast most enjoyable
Some of the guests could have been more considerate - banging their doors and holding a very loud conversation in the corridor at 6 in the morning!
However - I decided that this would be a good hotel to use regularly so on checking out I arranged my next visit. Imagine my horror when I received the confirmation email for £119 !!! - Apparently this is the usual rate but as I went through an " on line booking site" previously I got it cheaper! ..... and this is what I should do to get a cheaper rate.
I do not have time to check rates each week and thought I would have the same rate each stay.
After several emails they agreed to let me have the room at £89 for all of my stays - but sadly it was too late as I have found alternative accommodation which is just as nice if not better at a cheaper rate

Room Tip: If booking a return visit - check the price they are quoting you! I would not pay £119 per night...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank HevaF
Dear HevaF,

Many thanks for your recent review of the hotel. All our bedrooms have a set rack rate which is the same throughout the whole year. On occasions we may be able to offer special promotions or deals which I believe you took advantage of during your first stay. We will usually advertise these rates via on-line booking agents, our website, and in house.

In order to make sure you are receiving the best way for all your visits we do recommend booking direct with us via phone or in the main hotel, or visiting our website, we always have the best rates available so it will save you time when looking around.

If you feel yourself or your company would be interested in using us on a permanent basis and are looking to book a certain amount of room nights each year I would highly recommend speaking with our room revenues team who will be able to assist in getting a corporate rate set up which can be honoured at the same price throughout the year.

Hopefully with the above knowledge we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Requested Gluten Free breakfast when booking on line. No attempt to provide, unable to let me know if baked beans were gluten free. Lucky that I had own bread and own cereal. Not impressed with breakfast waiter. Expected more from a hotel of this standard, they should be able to provide for those on gluten free diets, it's much more freely available these days. The evening bar meal was very good and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline W
Dear Pauline W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do always welcome any feedback, and thank you for bringing to my attention the issue regarding Gluten Free breakfasts. We do offer a gluten free breakfast amongst many others, and I will speak with our reservations & restaurant team to see where the communication error regarding the breakfast has occurred.

Upon your next visit you can be sure of a lovely gluten free breakfast amongst many other things the hotel offers.

Essex, England
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I have been for afternoon tea here 3 times now, it is always a pleasure, definitely the best I have been too. The sandwiches, cakes and scones are delicious and fresh, the staff are always pleasant and helpful, looking forward to my next visit. A+++++++

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Julie045_8
Dear Julie045_8,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of Afternoon Tea at the hotel. Indeed all the food we serve is always to the highest standard and freshly prepared so its fantastic to see this is recognised in the quality.

Hopefully we can welcome you back for Afternoon Tea again soon, or possibly our new mid week lunches. Do keep an eye on our website for any upcoming offers.

Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I booked the 'Goldings Suite' at the De Rougemont Manor last Friday for a fundraising evening which included a three course meal for 122 people.

The night was fantastic! I received so many positive comments from the guests about the lovely venue, the excellent food and the efficiency of the Hotel staff. Nothing was too much trouble!

A big thank you to Davine, Naomi, and all the staff for helping to make the night a huge success.

Kind regards, Mary-Anne

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryAnne D
Dear Mary-AnneD,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent function with us. I'm so glad to hear that you and the rest of your party had such a wonderful time.

Indeed the Golding's Suite is a lovely room, and we are currently in the process of finishing of a refurbishment improving the room further.

I know you are currently in the process of speaking with the team about booking another event in and hopefully we can look forward to hosting that one to.

Speak Soon.

Essex's Best Large Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Roslin Beach Hotel
Roslin Beach Hotel
#1 of 2 in Thorpe Bay

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!