“faded elegance” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
London
“faded elegance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'm sure this hotel was lovely in a former life. Not so now. Young staff, not enough on during the evening. For 129 pounds I expect more than an average double bed, ancient, ugly furniture, frankly very poor value. It has a nice looking outside swimming pool which was closed and as gym also closed. The only reason I booked this hotel was because it had a gym. The only good point was on checking out, 30 pounds was taken off my bill by a very efficient receptionist and the breakfast and breakfast staff were good. Would I stay again in? Depends what other hotels are around.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank seedoubleu
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Seedoubleu,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor. Indeed we do have an outdoor swimming pool which is open seasonally and is usually turned on around the start of June. We do ensure that our website etc is updated when the heating is turned on. The gym is usually open every day, however due to maintenance work being carried out the week of your stay this was unfortunately closed.

We really would love to welcome you back to stay with us again, and hopefully you will then experience the same great facilities most do.

De Rougemont Manor Hotel
Essex's Best Large Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I attended a dinner dance at this venue and as I am gluten free made sure to phone and discuss this beforehand, they assured me they would cater for me and even went through the menu choices. As I find it embarrassing and don't like to fuss, imagine how I felt when they told me they had given my special meal to other diners and brought me a fruit salad as a starter, then for the main meal they just gave me two pieces of overcooked roast beef, dry without any gravy or sauce, I could not even swallow it.

But my favourite was that they refused to give me a glass of water, told me that I had to buy a bottle of mineral water if I wanted water. I must add that I had, had a three course meal, two glasses of wine and two cool drinks before I asked for the glass of water, so I had not just come off the street expecting to sit and nurse a glass of water whilst I kept warm.

All in all a disappointing first time experience at this venue.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Emma S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I believe there was some confusion regarding what had been ordered on the day and due to a last minute change in the seating plan by the event organisers there was a minor mix up with the food, however once brought to our attention it was agreed with the waiter what was required and then served.

Hopefully this mix up hasn't left you with too bad feeling of the hotel, and we can look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had our wedding day & night at De Rougemont Manor on the 25th April 2014 & it was beautiful. The staff were excellent, everything went according to plan, nothing was too much trouble, they were extremely courteous, professional & helpful. The food was of a very high standard & the DJ was also brilliant. Our guests all enjoyed the day & night.
The hotel rooms were also to a very high standard for us & our guests.
I would fully recommend this venue to anybody to have a wedding there, can't fault it.
Joy

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sam B, Marketing Manager at De Rougemont Manor, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Joy B,

Many thanks for taking the time so soon after your big day to let us know how wonderful it was. The whole team were delighted to hear your kind words.

Hopefully it wont be long before we can welcome you both back to the hotel again.

Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Only stayed for one night but would happily stay for longer, the staff were very courteous and had a very pleasant attitude. the food was also very appetising and good value.

Room was spacious and well equipped with for the business perspective lots of sockets to plug in to.

I would happily stay again.

Room Tip: I was in the relative new complex and very well appointed and quite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for sharing your recent overnight stay with us. Indeed the staff are always very welcoming and friendly, and Im glad you found you had everything you needed in the room.

Hopefully when you are down this way again we can look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Emerson Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We attended an evening wedding reception at De Rougemont on 5th April. I can only say how amazing it was. The room decorated beautifully, helpful and courteous staff, the buffet food was delicious and varied and there was plenty of it too. The whole evening was an absolute delight. We have attended De Rougemont before for a 25th Wedding anniversary celebration and the standards were just as high then as they are now. Would thoroughly recommend any celebration to be held here, you won't be disappointed

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JudeEmersonPark,

Thank you for taking the time to review the wedding that you recently attended at the hotel. I'm so glad to hear what a fantastic time you had.

I will make sure that your nice comments are passed onto the staff.

Hopefully we can look forward to seeing you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had my wedding held at De Rougemont Manor on the 5th April and it was amazing! couldn't fault any of the staff there and the day went according to plan. We have had great feedback from our wedding guests, and the food was delicious. The room was very tidy and clean and had a wonderful stay, and then woke up with the rest of our family that stayed and enjoyed a nice breakfast.
anyone looking at getting married, i would 100% recommend De Rougemont Manor, they are very friendly and professional and will not disappoint. Would like to say a massive thank you to all at De Rougemont Manor!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie W
Dear Katie W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your big day with us. I am so delighted as is the rest of the team to hear what a wonderful day you had. Indeed our food & service is always amongst the best.

Hopefully it wont be long before you are both back visiting again soon.

Maryport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very pleasant hotel but a little dated,, the staff are very helpful and enthusiastic to help. I felt let down by the room though, there was a sizeable bathroom with a whirlpool bath, however when I got in the bath I had to get out as what I can only describe as months of grime was pitted in the underside of the handrail! The room also had a strong tobacco odour to it, which I later realised was because the smoking area was located below the window. There was also a little fridge in the room that sounded like loud snoring ( you can turn it off!). On one of the nights the fire alarm went off in the early hours, we evacuated and never seen one member of staff the whole time we were outside! Don't think I would return.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Elaine T
Dear Elaine T,

Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on TripAdvisor. We always love to welcome guests feedback and hear what they thought of the hotel.

I'm very glad to hear how friendly & welcoming you found all the staff, I have passed your comments on to various members of the team who will be investigating into these to make any relevant changes.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

708s1w47v
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow
Premier Inn Brentwood Hotel
Greenwoods Hotel & Spa

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!