“Brilliant Place to celebrate my 50th”
Review of De Rougemont Manor

De Rougemont Manor
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brentwood
Reviewed 27 February 2010

I booked the Goldings Suite very last minute (6th Feb) to celebrate my 50th birthday party and just to say the venue and staff were fantastic. Davine at the helm ensured that everything ran smoothy, the staff were friendly and helpful particulary the bar staff in the Suite - who were great fun. The evening buffet just went on and on, always topped up with plenty for everyone. Family and friends stayed at the Hotel and had no problems with the rooms -and the breakfast was plentiful too. We had a room included in the package which was hugh and great for people popping in before the party began -

Many of my friends who attended live locally and were surprised that we have such a fab function suite on our door step!!.........

Big Thank You to All.
Lynn x

Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LDHEngland

Reviewed 19 February 2010

There are plenty of squashy leather sofas and different areas to find some peace and quiet. No TVs in the public rooms either so a great place to unwind with a book. Our room was large and comfortable with a great view towards the Thames. The staff were attentive and helpful, and although the food was unimaginative it was well cooked. This would be a great venue for a summer wedding.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2010

My husband and I got married at De Rougemont on the 20th of December 2009.

In the lead up to the wedding the staff were very helpful. Davine the manageress was happy to meet with us on a number of occasions and ensured that we were prepared for the day.

On the day I went with my parents and bridesmaids to get ready, we had breakfast and then went to the larger of the 2 honeymoon suites to get ready. There was plenty of space and my guest were well looked after as they arrived downstairs. The Garden lounge was perfect for our wedding service and staff ensures that music etc was played at the right time. Davine also made sure that everyone was seated and away from the stairs as I walked down.

The weather had been crazy leading up to the wedding and it had snowed loads in the days up to it. Lucky for us the sun was shining and we wanted to have pics outside. The night before (and morning of) staff worked very hard to clear the car park. they also ensured that some of the garden path was cleared so I could have some pictures outside, They laid a table cloth on the ground to protect my dress.

The food for the fit down was hot, tasty and plentiful, in the evening the buffet was repeatedly topped up and many people commented on the quality. Bar staff were fantastic and dance floor areas etc were cleared quickly .

The rooms were very comfortable and many of my guests stayed and were happy with their rooms.

Everything about my day was perfect. The people on here moaning in fairness are just guests at the hotel and I guess the morning after my wedding there were some random guests at breakfast. I can only comment on how much attention you receive if you are part of a wedding party.

If you would like to see more pictures of our wedding at the wedding then go to

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank newlyweddedbliss
Reviewed 8 November 2009

Stayed here for one night after attending wedding reception at the hotel.
Huge car parking space at side & rear of hotel.
Upon arrival, checked in at very small & busy reception area & given key to room. A bit of confusion between receptionist & man in red tailed coat, not sure who/what he was, as to where our room was. Taken one way by receptionist only to have to return back to reception then back up the main stairs. After going up 2 sets of very narrow & steep stairs we eventually found our room on the second floor. Wouldn't like to negotiate these stairs in the event of an emergnecy!Room 210.
Due to the nature of the shape of the room it was obviously built into the roof space, thereby inhibiting the placing of some items i.e. mirror on wall, TV. Trying to use the mirror whilst sitting down was nigh on impossible, had to crouch down to use haridryer etc. But nevertheless it was a large room, think it was probably a family room, as the settee was a bed settee. The room was freezing upon arrival but soon warmed up when I turned on all the radiators. The bathroom was huge but not very well laid out. The tiled floor became increasingly slippery & was in my opinion quite dangerous. No heating in here, only the towel rail, so it could be a bit on the chilly side. Jacuzzi did not work.
The TV was huge but the picture quality was not very good (one of the channels was impossible to watch), & then the remote eventually stopped working. Plenty of tea/coffee & biscuits. 2 bottles of water in chiller cabinet.
Room looked out onto back of hotel so very quiet & a nice view.
We had breakfast in the main dining room. This could do with a refurb but nevertheless service was prompt & everything was clean.
Opted for full English breakfast, which came on red hot plates, the food itself was very hot, think it may have been zapped in the microwave it was so incredibly hot! Plenty of tea to drink & quick to replenish teapot & toast.
Overall not a bad hotel for just one night, especially as we got a good rate.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I was staying at the De Rougemont for 4 nights on business with my hotel accomodation pre arranged.

I had requested an early check in for 12 noon which was pre agreed, which allowed me to freshen up before meetings.

When I arrived at the hotel I noticed how old fashioned everything seemed! The carpets and interior leading to reception looked old and dated, with the staff wearing old fashioned uniforms. This is fine if this is a genuine, classic hotel not a (not so) cheap immitation.

The website advertises alarm clock, am/fm radio, sky tv and free wifi. The website also advertises 'executive suites' which included air conditioning, jacuzzi, chiller unit for drinks and a walll hung plasma TV with satellite TV. I had been allocated an executive suite as my room came with all these extras!

Firstly, the satellite TV is not really that. You have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 plus Sky News and Sky One, hardly en exhaustive selection. The air conditioning unit is exactly that, a huge unit which fires out cold air at the front when you power it up, but blows alot more hot air out of the back, so you end up with a warm room! There was no alarm clock or radio but there was a chiller unit.

My room did have a jacuzzi bath however I did not opt to use the jacuzzi given the amount of gunk around the jets on the bath, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a few years.

I ate room service on 3 nights which, to be honest, is not at all bad. My only complaint would be the side salad given had given up a little bit. The food in the restaurant howver is a different story. I found the food to be bland, and again a bit old fashioned.

Overall I would not really recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank aw2010
Reviewed 30 August 2009

In contrast to the two other Business reviews on this hotel I confess to have had a very pleasant stay - the room was comfortable, modern, clean and tidy. I had an evening meal in the restaurant and had no complaints of that. Breakfast was equally appealing and the service from the staff was good. Happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Having read a few reviews we were a bit worried about staying here however, as this was a base for a family wedding and we had been to a wedding here before, we decided to ignore the reviews. Glad we did! We got a fantastic rate which included breakfast. We checked in earlier than the usual check in time allowed and the staff were more than happy to store our luggage and took our clothes upstairs so that when we got our key, we simply went to our room. The room that we had was really nice. Not sure if we were upgraded or nt but never the less it was great. Absoloutely everything that you could wish for. Plenty of tea coffe, biscuits, milk etc. Lovely toiletries inc mouthwash! Big big bathroom and and huge king sized bed. I'm not a good sleeper and I had 2 really good nights sleep. And teh remote did work!!!
We only had breakfast in the hotel, and yes, I can see an element of Fawlty Towers in the manuel style waiters but....how nice, generous funny and good they were!! Even made me a pot of coffeee to take back to the room after breakfast free of charge!! And yes, there was fruit out the previous eveing however, all peeled type of fruits and if you looked, there were bowls of it around the hotel for people to take when they felt like it and not just when they 'were allowed at meal times'.

The bar area was good, socially, price-wise and again, we arrived back from a function well after midnight (1ish) and fancied a nightcap and they opened the bar for us. How accommodating!

The grounds were beautiful too. Lovely ornamental pond, nice gardens. The pool looked nice but a tad cold for March!

All in all, I would stay here again and would also recommend it. My cousins also stayed here from Cornwal and were really impressed too. (Phew! I'd recommended it!).

The bar area

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#4 of 4 in Brentwood
Pontlands Park
Pontlands Park
#1 of 1 in Great Baddow

Been to De Rougemont Manor? Share your experiences!