“Steak tough as old boots ”
Review of The Nags Head

Ranked #53 of 181 Restaurants in Brentwood
Price range: US$13 - US$60
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Whilst I wasn’t expecting michelin stared food, I was expecting a decent bit of pub grub. Unfortunately we didn’t receive this. Lovely pub with attentive service, and a vast menu.

I decided on the steak sandwich and paid extra for sweet potato fries. I was asked how I liked my steak so I requested medium well (would usually have rare but am pregnant), the steak came up cooked very (very!) well done it was positively tough as rope and was so small it looked lost in the ciabatta it came in and what was the point in asking me how I liked it cooked? My friend who ordered the same which came up exactly the same. Very disappointed.

General Manager A, Manager at The Nags Head, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Sheran,

Thank you for your feedback, I do apologise that the steak sandwich was not cooked to your liking. We do try and ensure all out guests finish their experience happy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here with two mates, had drinks and food. Served by Laura and she was great. Very attentive and always there to help.

Food was amazing, very tasty and will certainly return.

General Manager A, Manager at The Nags Head, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your lovely review of our waitress and venue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this evening with some friends. Lovely meal and great drinks served with a smile by our very friendly waitress Laura.

Be visiting again soon for sure.

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for your teview of our waitress and venue.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to the pub with 6 friends all of whom, I must say, enjoyed the food but my Camembert starter and Fish Cakes main weren't that tasty as I feel that they weren't seasoned sufficiently. However, it was a good experience and our waiter (whose name I didn't get) was incredible - informative, attentive and fun.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this along. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience.

Nags Head

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for Sunday lunch at The Nags Head and the food was beautiful. Great portion sizes and very tasty food. Bottomless gravy which pleased my husband. I would highly recommend the food here. The only thing I would say is waited a little longer get order our drinks, but saying that the staff and atomsphete were great. We shall visit again.

General Manager A, Manager at The Nags Head, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am sorry you had to wait to order drinks however I am happy the waitresses and chefs made your experience ejoyable.

Look forward to seeing you again soon

Nags Head Brentwood